What brand of Mass Air Meter should i run - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-15-2009, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (-1)
What brand of Mass Air Meter should i run

i have a 351w with a 76mm turbo setup and i am finishing up buying the last few items i am down to the mass air meter and throttle body. What do you guys suggest? Some say the sct 5000 blow thru meter is the best any info on what you guys are running, would help before i buy one and am not happy. And what size throttle body and brand are you guys having good success with? I was told to go with a 90mm throttle body or will a 80mm work thanks for the help cant wait to get it done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I run the 3" PMAS Pro Tube w/ no complaints along w/ a 90mm Accufab TB. A guy on TM.com has been high 5's w/ a 65mm TB so probably not all that crucial.

1967 Mustang Coupe
1990 Mustang GT Turbod DD
1987 Mustang GT Turbod-9.75 @ 140mph gone but not forgotten
post #3 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (230)
I would reccomend a Pro Tube.. But a slot stlye can work as well, Depends on Tuner.Please let us know if we can help.

Thanks,

[email protected],Inc.

Power Adder Solutions,Inc. Supplying All Your Forced Induction Parts And Accessories -SCT Certified- Supporting TwEECer R/T - BE - Quarterhorse Tuning

For Immediate Assistance Call Us: 1.919.779.4153 email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We do not get on the forums every day for PM Reply.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00-5:30pm) EST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Distributor For: MegaSquirt-Top Dealer,On3 Performance Turbo Systems,Hellion Power Systems,Innovate Motorsports,Trick Flow,AFR,Pro-M Racing,Precision Turbo,Siemens Deka,Turbosmart,Spec,SCT,Moates.net,Binary Editor,Procharger,Vortech and More!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 05:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (31)
PMAS protube meter and no issues at all ! but like stated its better to go with what the tuner wants/likes.

NEVER do business with Sam Rivera AKA Sam Wilson.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 11:22 PM

Trader Feedback: (19)
PMAS all the way, I have owned 3 and all of them worked perfectly and made great power. Chris just custom calibrated my section of cold pipe that I sent to him, got it back and working great!!! Oh by the way it was 85lbs/hr inj. Thanks Chris!!

One owner 50,000 miles Dart 363, oliver rods, Karl's East Coast custom Y2k 82mm turbonetics, TW stage 2 Fox Lake, PMS, Victor intake, PMAS custom pipe for 85 lb/hr inj. T56 Magnum 6 speed w/Spec3+,756 rwhp 746 tq (pump gas, 14psi, 20*) 840 rwhp 848 tq (race gas, 16.5psi, 20*) SOLD
-2014GT/CS
post #6 of 9 Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

is there a tuner in florida that recomends the pmas if so lead me his way. where should i go to buy one and i need 80lb injectors to.I would need the mass air meter calibrated for them. who do you guys recommend on doing business with?

has anybody heard any bad complaints on the sct stuff?
post #7 of 9 Old 06-17-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0402vette View Post
is there a tuner in florida that recomends the pmas if so lead me his way. where should i go to buy one and i need 80lb injectors to.I would need the mass air meter calibrated for them. who do you guys recommend on doing business with?

has anybody heard any bad complaints on the sct stuff?

SCT makes great stuff !! never herd anything bad. its just not plug and play like PMAS and you MUST have a tune for it to even idle/run.

what part of FL?? realstreet in Orlando is a real good shop !! Jay does great work.

post #8 of 9 Old 06-17-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

bout 1 1/2hrs from orlando. that is jay that use to work at lamotta's correct? jake lamotta built my last two cars but decided to go out on my own this time. I plan on having a shop tune and dyno the car that is a guarantee. I think i want to go with the sct because of tunability and they are located here in florida in case of problems. Is anybody running there meters if so which do you recommend i am looking for around 750rwhp on pump and close to 1000 rwhp on race.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-17-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0402vette View Post
bout 1 1/2hrs from orlando. that is jay that use to work at lamotta's correct? jake lamotta built my last two cars but decided to go out on my own this time. I plan on having a shop tune and dyno the car that is a guarantee. I think i want to go with the sct because of tunability and they are located here in florida in case of problems. Is anybody running there meters if so which do you recommend i am looking for around 750rwhp on pump and close to 1000 rwhp on race.

correct.. jake is still in town too. Both do good work. my buddy kris introduced me to both of them and both are really nice guys that do good work.

SCT is the way to go for the higher HP cars. PMAS is for us low HP guys that usually run un tuned (like me lol)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement