Considering Hellion "Heat" Fox Body Kit... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-10-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (41)
Considering Hellion "Heat" Fox Body Kit...

Guys, I'm seriously considering a Hellion "Heat" kit which retains a/c, etc. The craftsmanship looks incredible, etc. I'm interested in the small 62mm turbo... from what I've read this will be the perfect size for a stock motor 302 and will spool very quickly, while still allowing me to make ~450rwhp or maybe more. Is this accurate?

This will be on a stock 93 longblock (currently in the car). I am tempted to throw a set of P-heads (w/ TFS valvesprings), B-cam, Explorer intake, and a new timing chain that I have laying around on the motor, although I'd like to hear input on that...

A couple of issues I foresee having to deal with ... I have the MM forward offset a-arms which moves the swaybar forward. I have already heard of B&G guys having to trim their swaybar mount... is this also the case with the Hellion kit? Has anyone actually done the turbo kit with the swaybar mount pushed forward?

Thanks! Hope to be boostin' soon

82 Mercury Capri - N/A AFR 165, FTI cam 11.99 @ 112
86 LX Coupe - Coyote, T56, 11.55 @ 121
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 11:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
I have the old Hellion kit here and have no regrets. Spools quickly and hold on.

post #3 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 10:08 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder5.0 View Post
I have the old Hellion kit here and have no regrets. Spools quickly and hold on.
X2 I'm running TFS heads and Track heat intake with a stock cam shooting for 500 at the wheels, I'll be hitting the dyno in a few weeks.

1993 Notch: Mexican 347 Hellion TFS heads/GT40 intake/Custom Cam Tremec 3550
1992 GT Convert: Green/Blk interior, 10th anniversary cobra's mostly suspension mods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FB users please, PLEASE click "like" button. Thanks!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 AM

Trader Feedback: (45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNotch n MI View Post
X2 I'm running TFS heads and Track heat intake with a stock cam shooting for 500 at the wheels, I'll be hitting the dyno in a few weeks.
If you can't hit 500, I'd consider selling the car

To the OP make sure to look around 90% of the kits out there have amazing craftsmanship. Don't pay for just a name.

1989 Ford Mustang Notch 5.0
1979 Ford Fairmont Boxtop (LSX/4.8/Big BW Turbo)
post #5 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
I might be wrong on this but I thought the Hellion kit did a rear crossover tube where as a lot of the other kits do a front crossover tube. I'd think that if that is the case that the chances of sway bar issues are greatly reduced but just call or email Hellion and they more than likely will know in regards to your concerns.

I personally would add everything you listed, since it is laying around with the exception of the B cam unless you just want a radical idle sound. Now I never have liked the B cam and have this negative opinion of it which does not help things. The stock cam works extremely well with turbo setups and at or above your stated power goal.

--Admiral Aaron

post #6 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 11:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656 View Post
I might be wrong on this but I thought the Hellion kit did a rear crossover tube where as a lot of the other kits do a front crossover tube. I'd think that if that is the case that the chances of sway bar issues are greatly reduced but just call or email Hellion and they more than likely will know in regards to your concerns.

It looks like they may have changed things....

https://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1125057

1993 Notch: Mexican 347 Hellion TFS heads/GT40 intake/Custom Cam Tremec 3550
1992 GT Convert: Green/Blk interior, 10th anniversary cobra's mostly suspension mods.

FB users please, PLEASE click "like" button. Thanks!!
post #7 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Ah, well still would contact them, they tend to be a little bit helpful.

--Admiral Aaron

post #8 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
yea looks like the new kit has the cross over in the front , i had the old style and everything about it was great .

62mm on a stock motor will be perfect for 450rwhp

1990 Notchback stock bottom end , TW's , F cam , Systemax and 66mm in the works.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (41)
The new kit is what I'm after ... talked to Hellion yesterday and we figured out that the rear crossover on the old kit would have to be completely redone for the T56 I have... and that it would hang down super low for a street car.

82 Mercury Capri - N/A AFR 165, FTI cam 11.99 @ 112
86 LX Coupe - Coyote, T56, 11.55 @ 121
post #10 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
The only problem with the old kit is that the rear crossover tube just barely clears my C-4 oil pan.
When I had the t-5 tranny in there, it was a good fit though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement