Twin Turbo 347 in a 93 GT Vert - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-06-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Smile Twin Turbo 347 in a 93 GT Vert

This is my car

Here is a pic of the old setup.. Twin turbo ebay headers... 3" down pipes.. Manual brakes, etc.

We ditched the ebay headers because of multiple reasons.. (manual brakes, snapping bolts cuz of the strain from the down pipes..) and we were having tuning issues.. come to find out I had a big hole in my intake manifold from someone trying to port it.. I have no idea how long that holes been there either..

But we decided to flip some shorties.. I wanted to use some nice pretty shorties.. although my heads seem to be mocked after GT40p heads. so I'm having a lot of issues with the header primaries either hitting a spark plug or the spark plug wire sitting on it. So I'm using a pair of stock headers that we found that someone had no use for any longer.. one mans trash, is another mans treasure I guess haha..

It's a simple setup for sure.. I kind of wished that we would've done this from the get-go.. But can't dwell in the past lol..

Oh and my power brake booster is back on No more of that manual stuff lol.. And with these headers there isn't anything sitting on them so far so they should be good..

Here is a pic of the intake manifold back on as well as the charge pipe.

Here are a couple pics of the wastegates positioned and tacked in place for the time being! I'm stoked!

Here is the passenger side wastegate..

and the driver's side..

They're both dumped into the atmosphere.. I'm not sure how it'll sound.. I'm sure it'll sound pretty cool though..

I hope you enjoy and possibly use this little thread as an idea for your own build.. The guy who is building is definitely great at what he does! Although I don't know what he goes by here on the corral.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-06-2009, 06:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
The new project is looking good. Congrats. Did you have a thread for the EBay build over on the turboforums? Is your car a daily driver? I haven't really minded the manual brakes. They take a bit more muscle, but the car stops just fine.

Also, is the first pic how you ran the car? The wastegate actuators have the boost source on the wrong port.

SOLD, but not forgotten... '93 Reef Blue LX Notch, 286/292... Tuned by Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics
post #3 of 7 Old 04-06-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicFox View Post
The new project is looking good. Congrats. Did you have a thread for the EBay build over on the turboforums? Is your car a daily driver? I haven't really minded the manual brakes. They take a bit more muscle, but the car stops just fine.

Also, is the first pic how you ran the car? The wastegate actuators have the boost source on the wrong port.
Thanks! Yeah I did have an ebay thread on the turbo forums.. I haven't looked at that thread in a while.. I figured I'd start a new one since we changed the setup. at one point it was a daily driver.. I've got a cavalier for the daily grind haha. I'm sure though I'll be driving this car a lot.. I never intended for it to just sit and collect dust, it just ended up that way lol.

You know I don't think I really minded the manual brakes much either.. but given the choice I'd much rather have power assisted everything.

and yeah that's how it was ran.. but they were on the right port.. if you put the boost source on the top nipple it would've held the gate shut.. and with it on the bottom it allowed the gate to open when it hit a certain amount of boost, as far as I know.. atleast that's what made sense to me. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-16-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

the waste gate flanges have been tigged up. I'll have more pics by the end of this week
post #5 of 7 Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Here are a couple of new pics of my motor. The headers are completely tigged up and bolted up to the heads.. all that's left is the turbos bolted up, the charge pipes connected and we're going to start it with open down pipes for now. Although the rest of the exhaust shouldn't take too much to finish.. Just have to route it and connect it to the mufflers

post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
What are you tunning it with? Its lookn better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfmobile8586 View Post
What are you tunning it with? Its lookn better.
stock computer at the moment. So I'm just locking the timing and adjust the fuel pressure. I know it's not the best way of tuning but it'll do for now

But thanks! hopefully it'll be done very soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement