On 3 Performance - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-11-2009, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 69
On 3 Performance

Just thought that I would take the time to post about my experience with On 3 Perfomance in Westerville, OH yesterday. Went up to get a turbo and ended up going on a tour of the shop and talking with Chad for a bit. Great guy and a great company. They have done alot of r & d on all of there systems and even had a couple of stangs up there with there systems on them to take a look at. All I can say is they looked great. He is always listening to his customers input and making changes that are brought to his attention. Look for some great new things from this company in the near future.

mstine2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Blame Canada!!!!!! I FAP for CANADA!
 
fapperDan's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (44)
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: dba's mom's snatch
Posts: 7,654
1st post and its about this?????????????????????


Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada loves me this I know, Cause the "Don" tells me so! Tumbleweeds we sell all day long, Ghost towns are coming so stay strong!
fapperDan is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Registered User
 
KB99GT's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (5)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman308 View Post
1st post and its about this?????????????????????
i know right? sounds like some one from the inside advertising. but what can i say, i just joined this forum too.
KB99GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman308 View Post
1st post and its about this?????????????????????
X2!!!!! Were being invaded by knock-off turbo kit's sourced straight out of China!!!!!

On a side note....I just checked out his website, and wouldn't you know it, he has the same false advertising BS as his E-Bay adds!

" 86-93 MUSTANG 5.0 KIT
- 1986 – 1993 Foxbody 5.0 Mustang Single Turbo Kit
- 500+ Rear Wheel Horsepower/650+ Torque
- Kits Are In-Stock and Ship DAILY!!!"

You have to read the description lower to find out "The car had a stock 96 Explorer 5.0 longblock and only upgrade was a 65mm throttle body and a FMS B cam."

I'd venture to say a great deal of people have no idea that the explorer longblock essentially is an better version of the 93 cobra engine. The only upgrade being a 65mm TB and B cam cracks me up too! what about the entire GT40 longblock you idiot!!!!

Regardless, those are #####ty numbers for 16psi of boost on that combo.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
millhouse is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Registered User
 
FiremanStokes's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 95
Millhouse, Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel! Always fun to read..
FiremanStokes is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanStokes View Post
Millhouse, Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel! Always fun to read..
There simply is not enough time in the day!
millhouse is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 08:11 AM
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
X2!!!!! Were being invaded by knock-off turbo kit's sourced straight out of China!!!!!

On a side note....I just checked out his website, and wouldn't you know it, he has the same false advertising BS as his E-Bay adds!

" 86-93 MUSTANG 5.0 KIT
- 1986 – 1993 Foxbody 5.0 Mustang Single Turbo Kit
- 500+ Rear Wheel Horsepower/650+ Torque
- Kits Are In-Stock and Ship DAILY!!!"

You have to read the description lower to find out "The car had a stock 96 Explorer 5.0 longblock and only upgrade was a 65mm throttle body and a FMS B cam."

I'd venture to say a great deal of people have no idea that the explorer longblock essentially is an better version of the 93 cobra engine. The only upgrade being a 65mm TB and B cam cracks me up too! what about the entire GT40 longblock you idiot!!!!

Regardless, those are #####ty numbers for 16psi of boost on that combo.
Just FYI because I've seen you post this same point about a million times its been changed. I believe I noticed it a few weeks ago IIRC. I don't know when he changed but he did. He even eludes to you in his rephrased paragraph. Here you go:

"We are introducing our new kit to the market for your 5.0 1986 – 1993 Mustang. We developed this kit over the last year and have put together what we think is the best horsepower per dollar modification you can do to your car 5.0. You can literally bolt this kit on and literally double the factory horsepower(Close to TRIPLE the torque). Most stock 5.0 motors will put down around 185 +/- rear wheel horsepower. The newest install yielded 488 rear wheel hp and 666 rear wheel torque at 16psi, 10 degrees of timing and pump gas. The car had a stock 96 Explorer 5.0 longblock and only upgrade was a 65mm throttle body and a FMS B cam. As you know, the explorer intakes flow close to and can compare to the "Cobra" upper and lower and the "P" heads also will flow more stock than the E7 stock 5.0 heads. A few people have commented on that and just making things clear."
Gemini13 is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 69
Ok. I know it was my first post sorry I dont post on here all the time. I guess this is how you welcome people on corral bashing them on there first post nice. Maybe a few of you guys should check out some of his stuff in person if you still think it is junk then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but im sure that once you checked it out that you would feel otherwise. And inside advertising seriously? All I was saying is that I had a good experience there and what I saw was a nice product at a resonable price. I guess since it isnt 2500 or more for the kit it is junk right?
mstine2 is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Blame Canada!!!!!! I FAP for CANADA!
 
fapperDan's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (44)
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: dba's mom's snatch
Posts: 7,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstine2 View Post
Ok. I know it was my first post sorry I dont post on here all the time. I guess this is how you welcome people on corral bashing them on there first post nice.
Welcome to the corral. being a noob you will take you bashing like the rest of us had to. Take it like a man. It comes with the territory! And yes being your first post was about this it would seem your trying out some free advertising.

Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada loves me this I know, Cause the "Don" tells me so! Tumbleweeds we sell all day long, Ghost towns are coming so stay strong!
fapperDan is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini13 View Post
Just FYI because I've seen you post this same point about a million times its been changed. I believe I noticed it a few weeks ago IIRC. I don't know when he changed but he did. He even eludes to you in his rephrased paragraph. Here you go:

"We are introducing our new kit to the market for your 5.0 1986 – 1993 Mustang. We developed this kit over the last year and have put together what we think is the best horsepower per dollar modification you can do to your car 5.0. You can literally bolt this kit on and literally double the factory horsepower(Close to TRIPLE the torque). Most stock 5.0 motors will put down around 185 +/- rear wheel horsepower. The newest install yielded 488 rear wheel hp and 666 rear wheel torque at 16psi, 10 degrees of timing and pump gas. The car had a stock 96 Explorer 5.0 longblock and only upgrade was a 65mm throttle body and a FMS B cam. As you know, the explorer intakes flow close to and can compare to the "Cobra" upper and lower and the "P" heads also will flow more stock than the E7 stock 5.0 heads. A few people have commented on that and just making things clear."
I’ve got to give it to him….he’s FINALLY catching on! He still needs to change things in his title to make things a bit…but it’s a step in the right direction. If he continues to listen….he may actually end up producing a quality kit. Now if he would only update his website to reflect changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstine2 View Post
Ok. I know it was my first post sorry I dont post on here all the time. I guess this is how you welcome people on corral bashing them on there first post nice. Maybe a few of you guys should check out some of his stuff in person if you still think it is junk then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but im sure that once you checked it out that you would feel otherwise. And inside advertising seriously? All I was saying is that I had a good experience there and what I saw was a nice product at a resonable price. I guess since it isnt 2500 or more for the kit it is junk right?
Come back to me in a year or two and tell me how pretty it looks. Honestly, if you think you are going to get a quality kit for less than $1500 you’re smoking something. It doesn’t matter how it looks! I’ve seen the same quality kit’s new and used. They look pretty at first with their nice little welds….but give them a year or two and they look like [email protected]@ and have welds cracked to high heaven! FYI, those headers are NOT even his design…but rather a sourced part from a vendor. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if it is the same headers listed a million times for dirt cheap on ebay….which are notorious for cracking.

You are right, if it’s brand spanking new and isn’t $2500 or more….it’s likely junk!

If you can’t afford a reasonably priced $2500+ turbo kit manufactured stateside or a reasonably priced quality used kit….you should not be trying to buy one in the first place. There is a new-found institution called a “bank” which allows one to deposit hard earned money in order to “save” up funds. Once you have “saved” up enough money you can purchase a “real” turbo kit with “quality” materials and workmanship….most of which is manufactured by “American” workers supporting the “US” economy. But I digress….if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck….

millhouse is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 174
i think i would rather support china then people like newt, lol.
DR.GRIP is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered User
 
mustang alley's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (2)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.GRIP View Post
i think i would rather support china then people like newt, lol.
Quality vs. Getting your kit in a timely fashion, and receiving everything you paid for!! Now thats a tough choice!!!!!

89 Mustang LX 5.0

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
mustang alley is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Turbo Wizard
 
snipe656's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Houston, Tx, USA
Posts: 4,289
No point in this thread staying open. Nothing really technical about it and some of you will just use it as another excuse to turn it into a bash fest and we have enough of those "open" already.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snipe656 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome