BOOST BROTHERS (good or bad?) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
BOOST BROTHERS (good or bad?)

I saw this turbo kit on ebay for only 2700 and was wondering if they are actually a good quality company or if I should avoid like plague. Any info???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...3A1|240%3A1318

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
I've heard good about it.

post #3 of 10 Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (23)
i dont know but they have that kit alot of times for BUY IT NOW of 1895.00
so if you have 3k you might wanna check out one of the name brands! or at least a good used one!

2012 GT AUTO
bbr tune ,bbr x-pipe,jlt cold air
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM

a Hellion system isn't much more expensive than that.. and uses Turbonetics turbos...

That kit at 1900 bux is a pretty good deal over all... at 2700 not so much..

1994 Mustang GT
FRPP 70mm TB.. Typhoon intake .. GT40 Heads.. Paxton SN2000 @ 6lbs.. 42# FRPP injectors.. BBK Shorty Headers.. O/R H-Pipe.. No Mufflers.. Pro 5.0 Shifter.. AEM Plug-N-Play Standalone.. AEM EPM.. LS1 coils.. GM 3bar MAP
post #5 of 10 Old 03-12-2009, 12:15 AM

Just installed my boost brothers sn95 kit last weekend. Install was not too bad. Kit was built well. Nice welds, Included everything. Very well thought out. Keeping the ac will require some thought. The turbo sits right where the lines connect to the condenser. Im just going to make up new lines. You may me able to bend the factory ones. Makes 5psi off the wastegate and feels great so far. Im still untuned and running 42's with a pmas blowthrough maf.
For the price overall its a good deal.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-12-2009, 06:46 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
If you want a turbo kit that is going to last more than a year, I'd look into one of the kit's manufactured stateside. You've got B&G, Ponydown, Hellion and a slew of others to choose from.

If you can't afford to buy new....buy used. God knows there are plenty of people selling their crap attempting to salvage their mortgage.

If you can't afford to buy used....you shouldn't be trying to buy a turbo kit in the first place! Do what everyone used to do….save your money until you can afford something quality and will last longer than the first winter. You also get the extra added bonus of supporting the U.S. economy.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
post #7 of 10 Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info
post #8 of 10 Old 03-13-2009, 11:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
Dont buy that crap, B&G has a special on their Fox and SN95 kits right now for $2500 and $2750 shipped respectively. Looks like boost brothers copied B&G anyways. So, $2795 for that chinese stuff is not a good deal. I wouldnt consider it a good deal even if it were a $1,000 less than B&G. Kill 2 birds with one stone here, by B&G and get a quality kit and help the AMERICAN economy (steel, labor, etc).

Muscular Stang Racing - Mustangs racing to cure Muscular Distrophy
Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to see what we are about.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (16)
Just heard of them last night when googling pictures of turbo mustangs and I think I read something on a mustang forum about them being sold out of and made in New Hampshire. I know nothing about them and all I remember is some gorilla logo thing and the owner on some forum talking about how he builds them all in NH.

Brian

Found it. Not sure about production.
Quote:
both.... I am in NH, as is the company. We do all the development - cutting, welding, fitting, etc for the kits here in NH.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/boost...turbo-kit.html

95 GT - H/C/I B&G Turbo, C4......will never be finished
01 Ford Jocus ZX3 - 217,XXX miles....32mpg
97 F350 CC 4x4 460- .............9-12mpg......empty

Last edited by RED95GTCOUPE; 03-14-2009 at 10:40 AM.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-14-2009, 10:43 PM

They are not chinese kits. They really are built in NH.I am in the process of coming up with a abs relocation kit and sway bar spacer setup for him. I know for a fact that all the fabrication and machining is done right here in the USA.I own and operate a racecar fabrication shop on eastern long island and own 3 racecars. the fastest of them a 7 second nitrous car. I was going to build my own kit and have done a few turbo setups for my customers but it was going on my daily driver and I couldnt have the car down to fab everything up. So I spoke to them and bought the kit. Im glad I did. All stainless, built very nice. Its not the thin tubing like the chinese carp. Its nice. I know there are other kits out there but in my opinion Im happy and everything went together good,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement