nonintercooled 10.5:1 with meth - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-20-2009, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (15)
nonintercooled 10.5:1 with meth

Can I get away without an intercooler? I am only looking to run about 6lbs, definitely no more than 8 since its only a stock block.

Setup is in my sig.

DAILY DRIVEN: 92 GT
306,9,5:1,AFR 185s,RPMII,xe264hr,ProMagnum rockers,turbonetics 66S,bg kit,METH,Flowmaster catback,Accufab race 75mm,pro tube,60lb injectors,255lph walbro BAP,ac delete,no smog,full MSD ignition,mark fan,3G alt,TKO600,spec stage 3,alum flywheel,3.55s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-20-2009, 02:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyboy107 View Post
Can I get away without an intercooler? I am only looking to run about 6lbs, definitely no more than 8 since its only a stock block.

Setup is in my sig.

I really would hate to rely on meth injection solely for detonation protection, i've seen one system fail and destroy the engine in a 1 yr old 30,000 dollar subaru sti. If you were going alky blow through it'd be a different story. Personally I'd either build another engine with a good block at a more desirable compression ratio. Or put an intercooled low boost setup on the car. Thats just my opinion, but even at low boost with that much compression and a decent set of heads your going to be in block splitting territory anyhow. By taking the i/c out of the equation when the air temps are up its really counter acting the benefits of the meth and would likely lead to issues. On a low compression setup it wouldnt be that big of an issue.

post #3 of 3 Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Do it and then show us pics of your shortblock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement