LOOKING FOR A GOOD TUNNER IN FL! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-12-2009, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
LOOKING FOR A GOOD TUNNER IN FL!

I am going to be coming to the end of my Turbo car build in the next few weeks. Just wanting to get some opinions on some of the tunners in the local area. Looking for good and bad opinions. Let me know what they did for you and what kind of prices they where charging. Feel free to steal this thread with anything you have that would help.

Thanks, Matthew

1994 Mustang Cobra/ Rio Red clearcoat/ K&N and Flowmasters/ 14.65 @ 96.51mph Stock.
1994 GT/Fobra/ Laser Red w/ CHP 306ci shortblock, GT-40x heads/Trick Flow intake/1.7 rollers/ 42's#/ Steeda #19 Cam/Cartech T-64 Turbo kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WTB: 1994/1995 GT or Cobra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I have heard that Central Florida Turbos in Orlando is good. I purchased a MicroTec system from them a couple of years back for my Twin Turbo build and they seemed real knowledgeable. I have called them several times during my continuing build and they always are nice and seem to have the answer. Hope this helps..>>Earl

post #3 of 10 Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Thanks! I know a few people who have gone there.

1994 Mustang Cobra/ Rio Red clearcoat/ K&N and Flowmasters/ 14.65 @ 96.51mph Stock.
1994 GT/Fobra/ Laser Red w/ CHP 306ci shortblock, GT-40x heads/Trick Flow intake/1.7 rollers/ 42's#/ Steeda #19 Cam/Cartech T-64 Turbo kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WTB: 1994/1995 GT or Cobra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-13-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkrew94 View Post
Thanks! I know a few people who have gone there.
Let me know how they do for you. I'm looking also.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-13-2009, 09:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
There are a few places that can help you in central florida. The biggest issue you are going to deal with is your 94-95 PCM. There is something failed in the 94-95 that they get into timing drift. If the timing is swinging around you can't tune the car because you can't get the timing values your looking for. It would be a very good time to look into a stand alone.

Price of entry....around 2K with sensors and set up... You get a fan controller, that you need and a boost controller, thats also a must. You also get boost VS timing and fuel. You also get a timing map that has resolution and fuel/boost cuts that could save your engine in the event that things get bad. There in another route that I am testing currently that will work well on 87-93 cars but won't get around your potential drift issues. It will be 1/3 of the cost but is still being tested.

CFT is just going to send you to me, unless you want a microtech (and thats a fine route to go)
Lamotta is another option
I don't think VMP will work on older platforms.

Please don't PM. Email
post #6 of 10 Old 02-14-2009, 08:41 PM

If you want it done right, take it to Jay (RealStreet) above. He's the only one that's worked on my 93 GT twin turbo (AEM standalone) and the only one that will. He knows what he's talking about, I couldn't say enough good things about his knowledge with tuning. I took my built SRT4 to CFT a couple of years ago for tuning. I had issues with my build and tuning(AEM standalone) that they couldn't sort out. I'm not knocking them, but from what I saw they're more knowledgable with imports (civics, evos). They wanted to help but were simple scratching their heads on my domestic turbo 4-banger. Jay sorted out my tuning issues without breaking a sweat.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-18-2009, 10:54 PM

james at RaceRelated is a dyno tune god!!! knows his stuff on all cars and he is resonable; and never heard anything bad about him. he's in St. Pete but people would travel from all over florida to have him tune their car

94 mustang gt (Single turbo build in progress)
mods: Boost brothers 67mm turbo kit, mac flowthru exhaust, gt40 intake, 70mm throttle body, 3pc under drive kit, msd coil, 2700 stall converter, b&m shift kit, full suspension, 3.55's gears

Last edited by bred2run; 02-18-2009 at 10:57 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 05:46 PM

Panhandle Performance- Hands Down.

They have no problem tuning 94 95. They tuned mine as well as my friends 95. They actually told him he should have left his stock computer in there vs switching to a 93 style computer..
either way..

They will have you making big power safely for many years to come..
I think I have logged 30 10 second passes. 600 street miles & the driveability is superb..

Panhandle Performance
850 265 9818 tell them I sent ya..

1993 cobra, stock bottom end, afr 165's out of the box, small cam, 13lb of boost via vortech & me shifting some gears = 10.64 @ 129.25
post #9 of 10 Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
my friend Nelson had very good luck with CFT also (and Wolverine) but they are running microtek's.
prior to that Nelson's car (a 95) had been changed to an A9L and then another one I can't remember and they did him well with those also.

1 bad Mustang, 2 slow Z28's, and a Sierra crewcab for the groceries.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bred2run View Post
james at RaceRelated is a dyno tune god!!! knows his stuff on all cars and he is resonable; and never heard anything bad about him. he's in St. Pete but people would travel from all over florida to have him tune their car
+1 He did my 95 Cobra, and did an excellent tune on both the NA and nitrous side of the chip.

07 Lifted Ranger
No Mustang for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement