Ford Mustang Forums banner

Quicktime guys come in, help with cold side and couplers!

1K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  D O A 
#1 ·
Many months back Newt said he forgot to ship a couple silicone connectors/couplers and according to him he tried to ship them but they were returned by UPMS. Whatever. I am installing the cold side at this time and noticed (I think two) couplers are missing, and the ones that I have, the sizes seem wrong. Half of my cold side is a different size and I wanted to see if this was your case with your kit too. So if the white88pony, jtrmanator, hld-tyt, notch 88, and others who have Quicktime could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

I have about 6 pictures to hopefully clarify my problem so bear with me.
Pic 03 shows where I am at on the Notch. Pic 09 shows the couplers. These are all the couplers I recieved with my kit. The two transitions are for the MAF, the next one to the right is smaller than the rest. It mated up the two cold side pieces that run from the turbo, down and infront of the RADIATOR and connect to the air to air intercooler from the driver's side.
Now this cold side tubing is much smaller than the inlet of the intercooler. Was there suppost to be another transition connector for this? Or is this suppost to be 3 inch also like the cold (see pic 1c) side coming off of the throttle body, down the passenger side fender and into the MAF? See Pic. 15.

The next coupler in pic 09 connects the outlet of the intercooler to the larger elbow going up to the MAF and onto the throttle body, and the last connector goes from the throttle body to the first cold side section going down to the MAF. Everyone with me so far? Yeah I know.

Last but not least is this beauty. Looks like I am missing another transition connector. Coming from the turbo to the small cold side that goes infront of the radiator. See pic. 017 & 018.

Okay so to make a long question even longer, is half of my cold side the wrong size and am I missing two transition connectors?

Thanks for your time.

Ben

See less See more
#2 ·
you have the right TB to coldside coupler.....looks like a 3 to 4 inch MAF coupler......and ur missing ALOT of couplers....i had....like 7 total i think!

DOA....check the forums for pics of peoples kit on the carpet or floor....ur def missin some stuff...

GOOD OL newt!

#4 ·
Ha! Uh you noticed that eh? Yeah I went crazy with the goop.

Thanks for the help. I spent 3 hours yesterday looking at all 44 pages again of the original thread started by Newt and other Quicktime Turbo threads and did find some "kits on the carpet" and I think I am missing only 2 couplers. There are only 4 sections to the entire cold side and others kits pictured showed smaller cold side pipe as well. Easy fix on the couplers.

Hey, you want to start a pool on how fast I can get Newt to ship those to me? I'll go first, $50.00 on 2-3 days. :)

#5 ·
Should have 7 couplers total.

Out of the turbo should be a 3.5" to 3" (I think)

Connecting the pipe out of the turbo and the 'candy cane' pipe that goes into the intercooler should be a 3" to 3" coupler.

Candy cane pipe into intercooler should be 3" to 3" coupler.

Pipe exiting intercooler to Maf should have a 3" to 3" coupler.

3" to 4" (I think) coupler for the Maf on both sides - in/out

Unmistakable 3" elbow coupler on the last pipe into the TB.

I think there's pics on my site of all of the couplers and I still have all of the pics of the kit when I received it if you need those as well.

www.skilledit.com

#6 ·
That coupler 2nd from the right is out of place or your cold side is 2.5" - hard to tell if the coupler is very loose on the intercooler but i'm guessing it is. Looks like a 4" coupler to me.

If that's a 4" coupler throw it in a box somewhere - it's not for the kit.

#8 ·
You should have the following in order:

Turbo to cold side 3"-2.5"
2.5" straight coupler
Turbo side to intercooler 2.5"-3"
Intercooler to 3" cold side is a straight 3" coupler.
(2) 3"-4" couplers for the MAF if using a SCT MAF
3" elbow for cold side to TB

7 Total silicon couplers. Let me know if you have any more questions.

From the pics you posted it looks like your missing (2) 2.5"-3" couplers.

#9 ·
Man i remember always reading how these kits were the best. I guess to much business catches up with ya. Atleast It's only the couplers and not the piping or anything like that. Goodluck.

#15 ·
DING DING DING!! We have a winner. Half of my cold side is 2 1/2". I thought the entire cold side was going to be all 3". Okay so now that is all cleared up, all I have to do is get the missing couplers. Mbricher you are 100% correct. I am missing 2 ea. 2 1/2" to 3" transitions. And it looks like I owe THEWHITE88PONY $100.00, crap.

#16 ·
DOA, mine is 2 1/2 from turbo going into the intercooler and 3'' from the intercooler to the intake. I'm curious if the 4" MAF transition from the 3" pipe is not thrown off??? My car runs like a raped ape! You will not be disapointed!

#22 ·
I knocked a bunch out today and so far the kit is fitting very well. I went to a local parts store and got the transitions and installed them today. Thats done. Intercooler is mounted and fitting the front clip now. The 4" to 3" trans for the MAF fit well too.
Yes Newt grew so fast he couldn't keep up but I know I will be happy with the kit.

THEWHITE88PONY... I wrote you a check, shipped it UPS, you should see it in 6-8 weeks and here is your tracking number 988233915c.

Thanks for all your help guys. This thing is coming along fast now.

#28 ·
Many Many months ago I emailed him, called a couple time etc. and heard nothing. Thats the way it goes I guess.

#30 ·
Yeah he had me all pumped up along with his 44 page thread to get the turbo etc. then I read he ran into some trouble with friends and family and thats when things started to go down hill. I'm glad you got your stuff. I hate to think about the guys who put the green down and have nothing to show for it.

Making your own exhaust? Are you working on a Y-pipe or somthing? I'm at the stage too. I have pics saved of "others" ideas and part numbers of new y-pipes but not sure what size I am going with.

Thats wierd, I sent that check out weeks ago, double check your offical UPMS tracking number, I'm sure it's in the system. :)

If memory serves me correctly the down pipe is 3", I would like to continue the 3" through the Y and in and out of the exhaust.

#32 ·
Mmmmm, tasty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.