Started on my Quicktime Turbo install - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 03-10-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Started on my Quicktime Turbo install

I finally had some time to start working on the turbo install. I got my new roller rockers in, 60 lb injectors, down pipe is all wrapped up and sealed. Got the whole hotside and turbo installed. So far the quicktime kit has gone together nicely. Fit and finish is great! Bernard has been awesome to do business with and his kit is very complete.

Hopefully next weekend I will get the cold side and intercooler all together. Then just a few more things to tie up before I can fire it up!!! I will post more pics once I have the cold side put together.

1990 Mustang GT
Dart IE 363, PT78 HPS, Built 4R70W, BS3, BBRC Fuel system, TeamZ, ect.....
Tuned by Bob Kurgan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (9)
Nice install so far! What heads and intake, bottom end are you using? What are you tuning with? Was A/C not an option with the Quicktime system?

post #3 of 19 Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

I have TFS twisted wedge heads, E303 cam, TFS track heat intake, and stock bottom end. I am using a SCT 2800 MAF, 60lb injectors, and a SCT flip chip for tuning.

You can have all accessory's except the smog pump with the fox quicktime kit. I took off the A/C years ago though.

1990 Mustang GT
Tuned by Bob Kurgan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 03-10-2008, 12:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (43)
I run TW heads, F303 cam, Holley systemax intake2, stock bottom end, SCT 2400 MAF, 60lb injectors and SCT chip with kurgan. Our cars are SCARY close and our numbers should be very close. I went with the same precision turbo. The engine bay looks good, I like how you did the exhaust wrap. Im thinking about doing the same deal.

Precision 67mm turbo, this and that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 Old 03-10-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewhite88pony View Post
I run TW heads, F303 cam, Holley systemax intake2, stock bottom end, SCT 2400 MAF, 60lb injectors and SCT chip with kurgan. Our cars are SCARY close and our numbers should be very close. I went with the same precision turbo. The engine bay looks good, I like how you did the exhaust wrap. Im thinking about doing the same deal.
I will be using Bob as well to do my tuning. He already put a few base tunes on my chip so I can get the car running. Once everything is ready it will be going to him to finish all the tuning.

I have a turbo blanket and decided to wrap the downpipe to help with heat. Should work out pretty well. This is the 1st time I ever wrapped anything. Turned out pretty good. I also coated the wrap with silicon wrap paint.

Our combos are very close. Let me know once you get yours done and I will do the same. I want to keep it somewhere between 500-550 RWHP with a safe tune.

1990 Mustang GT
Tuned by Bob Kurgan
post #6 of 19 Old 03-10-2008, 04:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (38)
Maybe we'll see each other at kurgans lol

90 lx, 408w, T56, 88mm
post #7 of 19 Old 03-10-2008, 06:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Just got a video created of my junk

http://media.putfile.com/El-Chupacabra-lives

1986 Mustang GT
306 E303, TEA 185 TW, Quicktime Turbo 67mm, Redneck C4 15lbs boost
525hp/626tq
*Sold drivetrain - Rolling Chassis may be available*
post #8 of 19 Old 03-10-2008, 10:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Wear did you get your exhaust wrap? Looks great. I ordered the same kit from newt. Can't wait.
post #9 of 19 Old 03-11-2008, 01:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
very nice mike. Also man those msd plug wires that came with the kit look sweet

Keep me posted man. Give me a call when you get a chance.

thanks
post #10 of 19 Old 03-11-2008, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Ratedz - The video looks great man! I can't wait to get mine running. Should have it going within the next few weeks! It's kind of hard to tell over video, but how loud is it with the open DP?

Jixxer - It is DEI black exhaust wrap. Got it through Summit Racing. I purchased a 50' roll and used most of it on the DP. I wetted the wrap before wrapping the DP, made it much easier to wrap. Let it dry over night. Then coated it with the black high temp silicon wrap paint. You can get it through Summit as well. I like the way it turned out.

Newt - So far the kit has been great. I can't wait to get the car out this spring. And the MSD plug wires fit like a glove under the headers, makes for a very clean install. I am glad they came with the kit. I will give you a call this week. Thanks man!

1990 Mustang GT
Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Last edited by mbricher; 03-11-2008 at 09:57 AM.
post #11 of 19 Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbricher View Post
Ratedz - The video looks great man! I can't wait to get mine running. Should have it going within the next few weeks! It's kind of hard to tell over video, but how loud is it with the open DP?

Jixxer - It is DEI black exhaust wrap. Got it through Summit Racing. I purchased a 50' roll and used most of it on the DP. I wetted the wrap before wrapping the DP, made it much easier to wrap. Let it dry over night. Then coated it with the black high temp silicon wrap paint. You can get it through Summit as well. I like the way it turned out.

Newt - So far the kit has been great. I can't wait to get the car out this spring. And the MSD plug wires fit like a glove under the headers, makes for a very clean install. I am glad they came with the kit. I will give you a call this week. Thanks man!

Thanks - I would say that it's easily as loud as a car with open shorty headers. It's far too loud to drive on the street like that, at least around here - it wouldn't last 20 minutes on the road without getting towed or ticketed. Sounds great in the garage even with the stock cam tho

Y pipe should be here this week and i'll get that installed with some straight thru mufflers and see if I can't get it quieted down. The turbo is loud, i'm hoping that it's able to be heard over the exhaust.

The kit overall is top notch, the builder is far above the top notch level - Newt is more like a buddy than anything else. You can count on this guy to take care of you, have a GENUINE interest in your ride, and he's available to answer questions, give guidance, tips, etc... pretty much all the time. He's getting very busy which is great - but he always takes the time to stay in touch with his people. Very rare in this day of business, you actually have a good connection with the supplier.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me and i'll answer whatever I can in case Bernard is busy. I've gotten a lot of help from QT guys in PM's - we tend to stick together

1986 Mustang GT
525hp/626tq
post #12 of 19 Old 03-11-2008, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedz View Post
Thanks - I would say that it's easily as loud as a car with open shorty headers. It's far too loud to drive on the street like that, at least around here - it wouldn't last 20 minutes on the road without getting towed or ticketed. Sounds great in the garage even with the stock cam tho

Y pipe should be here this week and i'll get that installed with some straight thru mufflers and see if I can't get it quieted down. The turbo is loud, i'm hoping that it's able to be heard over the exhaust.

The kit overall is top notch, the builder is far above the top notch level - Newt is more like a buddy than anything else. You can count on this guy to take care of you, have a GENUINE interest in your ride, and he's available to answer questions, give guidance, tips, etc... pretty much all the time. He's getting very busy which is great - but he always takes the time to stay in touch with his people. Very rare in this day of business, you actually have a good connection with the supplier.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me and i'll answer whatever I can in case Bernard is busy. I've gotten a lot of help from QT guys in PM's - we tend to stick together
I agree that the customer service has been great. Bernard has answered all my questions and it is nice to see that he likes to keep in touch with his customers.

I will let you know if I have any questions as well. I appreciate it!

1990 Mustang GT
Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Last edited by mbricher; 03-11-2008 at 01:13 PM.
post #13 of 19 Old 03-12-2008, 01:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedz View Post
Just got a video created of my junk

http://media.putfile.com/El-Chupacabra-lives

Your bov is on the driver side, did you request this or did he change the design?
post #14 of 19 Old 03-12-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo5.0. View Post
Your bov is on the driver side, did you request this or did he change the design?
He must have changed the design, I didn't request it.

1986 Mustang GT
525hp/626tq
post #15 of 19 Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

My BOV is on the passenger side right before it goes into the IC. Doesn't matter as long as it's before the MAF.

1990 Mustang GT
Tuned by Bob Kurgan
post #16 of 19 Old 03-13-2008, 02:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (14)
that wasnt the point lol but thanks i guess ;-)
post #17 of 19 Old 03-13-2008, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo5.0. View Post
that wasnt the point lol but thanks i guess ;-)
No problem, I guess I stated the obvious...........lol

1990 Mustang GT
Tuned by Bob Kurgan
post #18 of 19 Old 03-13-2008, 05:02 PM

Talked to him today, the design was changed. Not because of any problems, just so the driver could hear the cool BOV

1986 Mustang GT
525hp/626tq
post #19 of 19 Old 03-13-2008, 05:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (43)
i cant wait till i can start my car............

Precision 67mm turbo, this and that.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Thewhite88pony; 03-13-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement