Ford Mustang Forums banner

Installing lash adjusters question

10K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  00GT4.6 
#1 ·
I'm putting together a 4v motor to put in my 2000 GT. I have come across a guy who is selling his 01 complete Cobra heads for $150 but he says they need lash adjusters. MHS has 32 OEM rebuilt lash adjusters for $169.

Can I install the lash adjusters with the cams and everything else still in the head? Or do I need to take the whole head apart to install them?

#11 ·
Reason I'm asking is that I have some low mile heads that the machine shop vat washed. After I got them back I pulled the follower and lash adjusters out. I noticed most adjusters had some spring to them but some seemed to be stuck. Is this common when bone dry, no lube?

So when I go to re-assemble, do I just soak them in oil, then push the adjuster plunger down on a workbench to see if they become un-stuck?

#13 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I'm picking up the 2001 Cobra heads that need new lash adjusters. My plan is to buy a Mark 8 motor and use parts off that such as the lash adjusters.

That's a good deal on brand new lash adjusters. If I need new adjusters I will give you guys a call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.