WTB Front End Parts Needed, Coilovers, CC Plates, Calipers, Rotors... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Front End Parts Needed, Coilovers, CC Plates, Calipers, Rotors...

Hello Corral. Putting parts together to start front end project. I need the following parts. Please let me know what you have before I start to purchase new.

Coilovers for Koni Red Adjustable Front Struts. Thinking I would like to go with 12"250 springs. Advice appreciated

Caster Camber Plates

87-93 Front Calipers
87-93 4 lug Rotors
87-93 Front Stainless Steel Brake lines
Hawk HPS or equivalent brake pads

Quality ball joints for stock A arm

Looking to do a bit of an upgrade on my 86.
Thanks

1986 Vert. 306, Novi 1000 10# boost, methanol, a lot of work left to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-20-2018, 07:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
I don't have any of the parts you want, but since you said advice appreciated, here's some advice:

- I'm not sure Koni Reds will handle coil-overs all that well. That's what I used for my first coil-over setup about 20 years ago and the setup was pretty heavily under-damped and rode like garbage. Admittedly, that was with 10" 300# springs, so going with 250# springs would be a step in the right direction, but even with those you may find the Reds just don't have enough damping to control the springs.

- Opinions about brake pads are like belly buttons, everyone's got one. Personally, from my experience, I would say Hawk HPS are over-priced garbage. There are plenty of good street performance pads available for 1/2 as much. One of my favorites over the past couple years is the ACDelco Professional Grade semi-metallics, which (as far as I can tell) are just re-branded Raybestos Professional Grade semi-metallics. Rockauto.com has the ACDelcos on wholesaler close-out right now for a whopping $8.94 (the Raybestos are $33).

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #3 of 3 Old 03-20-2018, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thanks

Thanks for your advise. I have decided to keep the koni reds and install conventional springs. I just picked up H&R race springs. Thanks for the recommendation on the pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement