Tuning Blues - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
AMC

Trader Feedback: (1)
Unhappy Tuning Blues

3 years and still not tuned.....
been to 2 different dyno tuners for a total of 3 dyno tuning sessions. NO POWER!!!!! NO POWER!! NO POWER!!!!!

See signature for engine mods.
I'm using a stock eec with a tunable Superchip. Without the chip and the stock computer I have very crisp throttle response but has a hard time finding idle at cold to cool starts. When the chip is installed it starts right up and idles fine but has a very lazy throttle. It takes a lot of pedal to get driving. Feels like the engine loads up when I mash the throttle and really struggles to get passed 4500rpm. Without the chip it has a very fast response with lil throttle. When the rpm gets to about 3000 it starts to sputter and break up. I can force through this by really mashing the throttle but is WAY DOWN ON POWER! The tuner Jeff Chambers of CRT Performance in Norwalk, OH (whom was the last one to try and dyno tune the car) told me at the time I was there he just tuned a very simliar car with no problems. Took only an hour or so and squeezed gobs of power out of it. Why the hell won't my electronics cooperate!?!?!?!? I dunno, I'm prolly confusing the #### out of the readers. I'm so sick and tired of telling my story I'm gettin lazy with info.
Anyone wanna buy a 1992 Gt Convert!!!!!!!!!!!
Any help would be appreciated.
TODD - [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-27-2007, 10:44 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Without a SnEEC or a TwEECer you have no idea what is really going on with the vehicle.

94 GT 327 S-trim 4r70w yadda yadda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-08-2007, 11:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
sure wish I could get one of those sneec's. been waiting forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixx93gt View Post
sure wish I could get one of those sneec's. been waiting forever.
I have one "on loan" but I too have been waiting to find one to purchase for quite sometime now.

94 GT 327 S-trim 4r70w yadda yadda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-02-2007, 08:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (27)
It sure sounds like the problem is in not having a properly tune MAF transfer function and possibly the chip wasnt programmed properly to compensate for the additional cubic inches. You dont absolutely need a data logger to tune your car. Any average tuner should be able to tune your car better than it is with just a wide band. Just out of curiousity what brand of MAF meter are you running? Also, I just noticed that your running long tubes, you may want to ask your "tuner" if he compensated for the relocated 02 senors.

Last edited by Chitown racer; 11-02-2007 at 08:26 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
You should bring it down to us and we can take care of you no problem. It's a little bit of a drive but it will be worth it.

Ken
Modular Depot

Modular Depot
modulardepot.com
Chassis Work, Custom Fabrication, Installs, Dyno Tuning, Drag Racing, Road Racing.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-24-2007, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
AMC

Trader Feedback: (1)
Talking

WHO'S THE IDIOT!?!..........ME
I probally shouldn't post this but what the hell, hahahahahaha
My timing was set at 10* ATDC. The balancer has two sets of timing marks and I accidentally marked the wrong set. Needless to say my headers are no longer melting off the head heads. The cam only turned to 5600rpm because I advanced the cam trying to make up for the improper ignition timing. Anyway it made 485hp @ 5600. 9psi.

I'm just glad the problem is solved and was an easy fix without any serious damage done. Well, except for all the wasted time and money

Now I can finally sell the car, HAHAHAHAHAHA
[email protected]

Thank you everyone for the replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement