Don and many others on this and other forums have answered many questions for me in the past but I wished that there was a FAQ earlier on so that I didn't have to ask so many questions and call SCT so many times. I am glad that people have always taken the time to answer all of my questions though. Here are some of the question that I had in the past that have already been answered:
1. What is adaptive control and how can it affect my mods? Can it be turned off through tuning? What are the pros and cons?
2. Do AFPRs really work?
3. Why shouldn't I just slap a 'calibrated' meter on my car and just drive it?
4. What is an ideal A/F ratio for a blown application? What about N/A?
5. Why shouldn't I just slap a 160 degree thermostat in my car?
6. For the EEC-IV guys, which is the best datalogger?
7. What is the best wideband?
8. What do I need to start tuning my car on my own? Why do I need these items (eg. PRP, wideband, datalogger etc.)
9. What power levels should I use certain equipment at (ie, injectors at what power level, MAF at what power level).
10. While datalogging, what is the most important item I should be keeping my eye on (eg, A/F ratio, MAF volts etc)
11. I have a 19XX or 20XX Mustang and it's (blown, N/A, stroker, etc.). Why should I get computer tuning? What will tuning give me? What can I expect in power, driveability ,etc.
12. What's so bad with a FMU?
13. Where should I put my ACT sensor and why?
I'll have a couple more after I think about this. These are the question I kept on calling Ryan, Dev, Don ,etc with. I know you can do a search but there can sometimes be conflicting information and I know it would help someone that is starting out in tuning or just interested to hear the pros speak on some of these subjects.
2004 Mystichrome #117 Cobra Convertible #366, bone stock with 3,100 miles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 BMW DINAN 550i Sport S Package - the beater car