Superchips - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-09-2002, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Question Superchips

Right now i have a pretty stock motor but am looking to do many mods this year. To start Im getting heads, intake, injectors, maf, tb,headers, fuel pump. (not all at once) but hopefully by summers end a kenne bell. If i order a chip now, am i gonna have to have it reprogrammed after i get the heads, intake,etc. or will i be good to go? Im planning on getting a tune when i get my s/c. Also, do you guys like your superchip?

*sold* 95GTS NA 302,FTI cam,Edelbrock Perfomer RPM,LT's, H pipe, Mac Catback, 1.7rr's, Perfomance Auto SuperComp C4, 8" Coan, 80mm Maf, 70mm TB, 30#'ers, 255lph, Manual Steering, 3.73's
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-09-2002, 10:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
The "superchips" are a rip off. They are definite not worth the $200-300 on a mostly stock car. Get a custom chip after you get some mods to solve drveability issues and get the most out of your combo.

post #3 of 8 Old 03-09-2002, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

anyone else?

*sold* 95GTS NA 302,FTI cam,Edelbrock Perfomer RPM,LT's, H pipe, Mac Catback, 1.7rr's, Perfomance Auto SuperComp C4, 8" Coan, 80mm Maf, 70mm TB, 30#'ers, 255lph, Manual Steering, 3.73's
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-10-2002, 12:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by brock95gt
The "superchips" are a rip off. They are definite not worth the $200-300 on a mostly stock car. Get a custom chip after you get some mods to solve drveability issues and get the most out of your combo.
agreed. but superchips can be reprogrammed at any superchips dealer with a dyno. (usually)

but I would still suggest a custom chip later.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-10-2002, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

I have Pauls High Performance bout 50 minutes from my house. Im pretty sure he is a dealer and can burn them there. I was told if I got heads and stuff, I wouldnt be getting the full effect without a chip. is this true?

[email protected]
post #6 of 8 Old 03-10-2002, 06:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
what computer do you have. I have one for a t4mo. I got it just before my head and cam swap I need a high idle so I got a eec tuner board. $99 bucks and its yours. It is a slightly modded mustang program that will work for stock heads/cam or exhaust and intake. You can reburn any program to it. its a good deal even if you don't have the same computer. That way you won't have to buy a brand new one and pay big bucks.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-10-2002, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

I have an auto,not sure on my computer, will it still work if i get it reburned. If so how much is it to reburn one?

[email protected]
post #8 of 8 Old 03-10-2002, 11:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I am almost sure you can use these chips for all eeciv years. Reburns vary from dealer to dealer. Probably 75-150 for basic burn and more for custom or specific needs. 5 speed and auto won't matter for the physical chip itself. The program is what matters when they put it on the chip. They download a mod file to the chip. With an auto you could do a bunch of mods to the shifts, change timing, a/f ratios, WOT fuel, change injector sizes and maf curves to fit better when you get the spec sheet with your pro-m maf...instead of fooling the computer with just slapping in in. If you gather all of these mods and get one good burn you won't have to play so much. Get some advice before you custom burn. A lot of times these dealers don't know diddly about mods. they just take your money and submit a request for a mod file with your computer code (T4M0,A9L,UP40,J4J1-cobra, and so on)from superchip office. Then they just download it and put it in your chip. a fifth grader could do it at the shop. You don't want to add too much timing with the 100 shot. Wet or dry? Sometimes you can save some money if they can locate an identical car file posted. Then you save the custom $$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement