How does one get tuned during a rebuild? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
How does one get tuned during a rebuild?

Hi, I'm planning to do a HCI upgrade, conv to MAF, #24 injectors. The MAF I have is an 80MM from a Lincoln Mark 8, only works with that comp I'm told.

I have an A9L coming from Autozone, and the conv kit. Would I be better off just getting an aftermarket MAF....and will it run "OK" for the time being? Until I can get a tune?

OR, would getting the chip and mail order tune work "OK" for the time being?

OR, would I be better off having it towed and tuned once, paying the full price. The only shop in my area wants $400 for the tune, $200 for the chip.

This will mean the difference between getting to drive it out of the garage on day one, or waiting a couple months to get to a tuner

Unless there is someone cheaper out there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

Trader Feedback: (3)
Even I can beat the prices you've been given... You should ditch the 80mm lincoln maf... unless someone could magically find a transfer for it (i think I have one)

post #3 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
You should come open a shop here

Re: the maf and transfer...have no idea what you're talking about. Any suggestions on the most economical way to get a MAF that will work? also have a bbk fender intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Banned

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
You should come open a shop here

Re: the maf and transfer...have no idea what you're talking about. Any suggestions on the most economical way to get a MAF that will work? also have a bbk fender intake.
read your PM's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement