A9L vs. X3Z, which would you keep to use with a SCT chip? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-20-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (9)
A9L vs. X3Z, which would you keep to use with a SCT chip?

Looking for some input. I know the general consensus seems to be that the A9L is a better computer than the X3Z UNLESS you are running the 24 #ers and Cobra mass air. However, what if a tuned SCT chip is thrown into the equation? Which computer would you use and which would you sell? I currently have both and an SCT chip that needs a tune. I believe I know the answer to this question but I am hoping to hear y'all's opinions.

The car: 306, 70mm cobra mass air, 70mm throttle body, tubular gt-40 intake, gt-40 heads, full length headers, e-303, 1.7 cobra roller rockers (soon to be installed), aluminum flywheel, t5, aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.

Second question: Any Houston or Austin people have any SCT tuner recommendations? I've researched a few of the online tuners, but I'd like a local tuner (and would be willing to trade the discarded eec-iv for a tune).

TIA,

Casey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2010, 11:32 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurdraco View Post
Looking for some input. I know the general consensus seems to be that the A9L is a better computer than the X3Z UNLESS you are running the 24 #ers and Cobra mass air. However, what if a tuned SCT chip is thrown into the equation? Which computer would you use and which would you sell? I currently have both and an SCT chip that needs a tune. I believe I know the answer to this question but I am hoping to hear y'all's opinions.

The car: 306, 70mm cobra mass air, 70mm throttle body, tubular gt-40 intake, gt-40 heads, full length headers, e-303, 1.7 cobra roller rockers (soon to be installed), aluminum flywheel, t5, aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.

Second question: Any Houston or Austin people have any SCT tuner recommendations? I've researched a few of the online tuners, but I'd like a local tuner (and would be willing to trade the discarded eec-iv for a tune).

TIA,

Casey
Are you going to use the 24lbs injectors ? if so just use the cobra computer if you have both already , this way if the chip ever losses connection it wont leave the car undriveable

post #3 of 3 Old 04-21-2010, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (9)
Yeah, I have the 24s, that is a damn fine point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement