xcal tuning EEC V - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-02-2009, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question xcal tuning EEC V

is there anyone out there that lists local tuners in my area? ive come to the conclusion that my place sucks! ive been trying to get my car tuned since i put the procharger on almost a year and well over a thousand$ ago! blood enterprises in auburn. WA. my tuner seems very smart but is more concerned with proving that, than just fixing the damn thing! this will be the second summer ive watched roll by. waiting. they have never once returned a phone call. and there always positive that they found the problem this time.until next time, and it always involvs me buying that one part that will fix it. it never does. anyways were datalogging it now and i can see that the car is pulling timing out of it. part throttle, WOT, everywhere. it all looks very random. im in mode5 just driving down the street! for example the advance doesnt rise at a steady rate with rpm, one run showed 4deg at 4500 and 10.3 at 6100 and one showed 7deg at 4500 and 8deg at 6100? we turned the torque reduction off and it seemed a little better, but not much. is there anyone out there that can look at my datalogs and tell me what you think??

Last edited by warhorse2; 08-07-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-02-2009, 04:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (27)
I would first like to say welcome to Corral. In answer to your first question, SCT lists all of its tuners on its website so, I'm sure you can find another in your area, if their is one to be found. You can find this list here http://www.sctflash.com/dlocator.php . Also, it would help those of us who may be able to offer some advice if you could share with us more about your car, like the year and what mods have been done. Again welcome to Corral.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-03-2009, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the welcome chitown.. i tried to put all my info on "my profile" but i probably screwed up somewhere. anyway, here ya go. black on black 98 2V GT. auto. forged pistons. forged H-beam rods. 10.2:1 CR. ARP studs on eveything. squared&balanced, built by dave bliss"BLISS PERFORMANCE" and john haskell.. fox lake stage II cnc'd heads, oversize ferrea valves, 262AH comp cams & srings, bbk headers& MAC exh(no cats),typhoon 3 piece intake, accufab upper plenum w/ 75mm TB. siemens 60# injectors, stock trans other than shift kit and holeshot 3000 stall converter, FRPP 3.73's, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, ZEX wet n2o (100) shot, 13#s intercooled boost via procharger P-1SC.. anderson power pipe. diablosport MAFia. 80mm MAF. (blow thru) kenne bell boost-a-spark. NGK iridium, gap at .025. RR racing 3.10 pulley with RR racing A/C delete- tensioner.M/T drag radials, 92 OCT. SCT X3, 15 degrees of timing, but the most ive seen at redline WOT is 12degrees. only 389 HP on mustang dyno(double roller) i havn't touched the nitrous since i strapped on the blower. it had more part throttle power before i put on the blower?? its like the car is sleeping till it reaches 3500-4000 RPM. no belt slippage. the boost rises at a steady constant rate. all the way to redline. i think my tuner just does'nt give a s**t! he seems ready to write it off as ''close enough'' 99% just isnt good enough!!!

Last edited by warhorse2; 08-07-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-11-2009, 07:30 AM

Trader Feedback: (27)
Sorry I havent replied sooner. Your car sounds impressive and should definitely not be acting the way it does. Your camshafts are nowhere near large enough to cause such a substantial loss of low end power. If I had to take a guess I would say it is a timing issue and from reading your post I'm sure thats what yours would be too. I'm sure if you can find another reputable tuner in your area they could straighten it out.

Last edited by Chitown racer; 08-11-2009 at 07:35 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-2009, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

i turned the torque reduction off, and it made a big difference, but not enough to get too exited about. my tuner says my tranny probably wont take the abuse. anybody else runnin with torque reduction turned off? id like to get a higher stall converter. i thought a b&m 3000 was a good choice, but from day one it was kind of hard to tell the difference between the stock one.. anybody had experiance with EDGE conveters?? seem to be a lot cheaper than tci wit the same internals and specs. but i dont know... anybody have any problems running the stock 80mm MAF w/MAFia extender? i think my tuner said something about that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement