tuning issues - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-15-2008, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
tuning issues

Ok,had my car tuned using SCT chip...it runs much better than before.....but, there is always a "but"... Every time the engine is turned off,and restarted,it will run fine for a few mins.....then will peg my wideband gauge rich(like anywhere from 10-10.5) the car will not idle good like this,and needs to be kept running.Does this hot or cold doesnt seem to matter. Now...after a period of time.........could be 2mins-5,6,7..mins...it will all of a sudden "get it",and a/f will stabilise in the 13.5-14.5 range,after this the car will idle and drive great,until it is shut off again..........then we go through the whole process again.Have talked to the tuner,and he says there doesnt look like there is anything in the tune to cause this...it almost like the car has to "relearn" itself every time the key is turned off, or the A9L is working against the tune??.............Anybody have any ideas,what to check,test, etc ........(other than the obvious..constant power to pin #1...switched power pin #'s 37 and 57.....grounds at the ecu)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-17-2008, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have any suggestions..............

82 volvo 245, 5.0,ported e7's,2020 cam,1.6rr,exploder intake,75mm maf,70mmtb,24lb injectors,BBK shorties, 258whp and 302 tq ,5spd,3.54 gears,
post #3 of 5 Old 09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned

Trader Feedback: (3)
is it the combo in your sig ? if so what BRAND mass air are you running ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-22-2008, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Yes, the mods are in my sig.........it is a Pro M maf which I bought brand new just before my tune.It is getting to be really annoying......????

82 volvo 245, 5.0,ported e7's,2020 cam,1.6rr,exploder intake,75mm maf,70mmtb,24lb injectors,BBK shorties, 258whp and 302 tq ,5spd,3.54 gears,
post #5 of 5 Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Banned

Trader Feedback: (3)
get the tuner to go into the MAF transfer function and anything under 1 volt multiply by .95 and then reburn the chip and see if that makes it any better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement