Vortech S-Trim rebuild instructions inside - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 291 Old 11-26-2014, 05:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
does any one have part numbers for the high speed bearings that have the ceramic bearings. supposedly the high speed bearings that are not ceramic have a tolerance issue after getting hot and have problems past 50k rpms. Im looking at doing an after market impeller and an over drive pulley, so I would prefer the better bearings.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 291 Old 11-26-2014, 08:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (21)
Anyone know where to get the Giant Oring for the case.. I broke mine reinstalling it.. FML

95 Crystal White Cobra #702
post #283 of 291 Old 11-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLWNBYU View Post
Anyone know where to get the Giant Oring for the case.. I broke mine reinstalling it.. FML
If you have a hardware store that sells o-ring in length you can try to make your own. I did that for my volute oring. Just super glue the ends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 291 Old 12-02-2014, 05:26 AM

Trader Feedback: (52)
Look at post 200 page 6 for the large seal.

15 GTPP OW 2.9L Whipple

SOLD 92LX Dart 363 KB2.8LC Custom A2A with Stinger PIMP EMS 11.4 ET trap 138 MPH no Dyno time.
"The sound is unnatural and not of this world, like a screeching velociraptor with the flames of hell licking it's ass"
post #285 of 291 Old 04-09-2015, 09:07 PM
This space for rent

Trader Feedback: (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
LOL! I have thought about it and also rebuilding for people as I have been a tech for over 10 yrs.. That may come but I would rather help out for now and also screw Vortech at the same time by showing people which bearings and where to get them. There ripoffs and would rather tell you your supercharger is junk and instead of fix it, make u buy a new one instead of fixing yours. So here is the pic of the boxes my bearings and seal came in that I put in my S-trim with part numbers. Under $90 total.

When I look up the smaller high speed bearings they are classified as ABEC-1 bearings instead of ABEC-7. What exactly does that mean? Perhaps that's why they're 40 bucks each instead of close to 100 each!

2003 Cobra - 2.3 Whipple, Return style fuel system, dual Walbro GSS342 pumps, Aeromotive FPR, SCT BA3000 MAF, Accufab TB, SRA conversion, 604 rwhp, 581 rwtq

1995 GT - H pipe and welded in Flowmasters. Stock otherwise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GT40 Aluminum heads, F-303 Cam, Holley Systemax intake, Procharger P600B kit 400 rwhp. Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
There are two problems with the system. 1st is there are more parasites than hosts.... second, the parasites are allowed to vote.
post #286 of 291 Old 04-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Trader Feedback: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99FiveOh View Post
When I look up the smaller high speed bearings they are classified as ABEC-1 bearings instead of ABEC-7. What exactly does that mean? Perhaps that's why they're 40 bucks each instead of close to 100 each!
From AST Bearings web site:

"The ABEC scale is an industry accepted standard for the tolerances of a ball bearing. It was developed by the Annular Bearing Engineering Committee (ABEC) of the American Bearing Manufacturers Association (ABMA). There are five classes, going from widest tolerances to tightest: 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. Higher ABEC classes provide better precision, efficiency, and greater speed capabilities, but do not necessarily mean that the bearing can spin faster. Additionally, the ABEC rating does not specify many other critical factors, such as smoothness of the rolling contact surfaces, ball precision, and material quality.

If you really want to dig into the subject, there's a whitepaper HERE.

Andy

'95 GT Vert - Rio Red - Grey Leather - Black Top

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #287 of 291 Old 04-11-2015, 08:19 PM
This space for rent

Trader Feedback: (54)
Thank you Andy! Yeah I'm not comfortable putting a 20-40$ bearing in place of a 150-250$ bearing!

2003 Cobra - 2.3 Whipple, Return style fuel system, dual Walbro GSS342 pumps, Aeromotive FPR, SCT BA3000 MAF, Accufab TB, SRA conversion, 604 rwhp, 581 rwtq

1995 GT - H pipe and welded in Flowmasters. Stock otherwise.

GT40 Aluminum heads, F-303 Cam, Holley Systemax intake, Procharger P600B kit 400 rwhp. Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
There are two problems with the system. 1st is there are more parasites than hosts.... second, the parasites are allowed to vote.
post #288 of 291 Old 10-27-2015, 10:08 PM

soooo, after researching off and on I think ive found the part numbers for abec 7 bearings. if im right the larger bearings should be 205r and the smaller bearings should be 103kr. can anyone verify this?

928 Motorsports - Premium High-Speed Ceramic Bearings for Vortech® Superchargers

I think the ones in this kit are abec 9, can anyone verify this?

im also finding part numbers that are similar to the cheap bearings but instead of 6205 and 6003 they are 7205 and 7003 and are listed under abec 9 but there are several different suffixes and prefixes.
post #289 of 291 Old 11-09-2015, 06:32 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
LOL! I have thought about it and also rebuilding for people as I have been a tech for over 10 yrs.. That may come but I would rather help out for now and also screw Vortech at the same time by showing people which bearings and where to get them. There ripoffs and would rather tell you your supercharger is junk and instead of fix it, make u buy a new one instead of fixing yours. So here is the pic of the boxes my bearings and seal came in that I put in my S-trim with part numbers. Under $90 total.

When I googled the high speed bearing part number it said it was only a abec rating of one plus it was a double seal wouldn't that keep it from getting oil? Would you have the part number for the impeller side seal? When I contacted the bearing company they said that they really rated them by speed not abec rating?
post #290 of 291 Old 12-09-2015, 11:43 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I know im bringing this back from the dead some awesome reading, I am looking to rebuild my ys does anyone know what part number bearings i need to get for this bigger blower? and where i should order them from?

2ndgear91 likes this.
post #291 of 291 Old 06-14-2017, 01:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
For those of you that need high speed bearings I found these. Barden - 103HDL.

I had one of my high speed ones separate while I was taking the case apart to address another issue. I only needed one but I guess I'll have a spare since they are always sold in pairs.

BARDEN 103HDL SUPER PRECISION BEARINGS / SKF 7003 CD/P4ADGA | eBay

Matt, 90' GT 347, 6037 heads, V1 Si-trim, 11psi, B31 Cam, T56, SV Intake, BE/Tweecer Tuned. 550rwhp 513tq
Bonneville 130 club member. (139.993) [email protected] in the 1/4.
03' Sonic Blue Cobra 497rwhp 481tq
13' Taurus SHO Performance PackDaily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement