Ford Mustang Forums banner

Stock 91 w/ V3-SCI - question about additional mods

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  stangjumper 
#1 ·
New to the forum and new to Superchargers. With that said, I recently put a Vortech v3-SCI 5-6psi kit on my basically bone stock 91 5.0. The only mods other than the Vortech are exhaust and a 255lph fuel pump. The car runs absolutely perfect with the FMU on stock tune and close to stock timing.

I have an Explorer gt40 intake and cobra 65mm TB that I had cleaned up and was going to sell. I was considering keeping it and installing it along with an Anderson power pipe.

Vortech recommends this kit be run with stock components and says you could end up seeing lower PSI if you run it any other way. Is the Explorer intake and 65mm TB enough of an improvement over the stock to hurt things? If it did yield lower PSI, does it necessarily mean less power? Would the powerpipe make up for any drop in PSI that may be seen due to the difference in flow from stock to the explorer setup?

#4 ·
What previous post said.

Less resistance = less boost = more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.