vortech dual bracket or not - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By AtomicCoupe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
vortech dual bracket or not

Looking at the vortech ti foxbody kit either the tuner 140 kit which only has single plate and 8 rib setup vs the anderson ford kit where it comes with dual plate and 10 rib setup. What do you think, already planning to go with contour fan to make it fit unless there are other issues what are your thoughts?

88 LX 331 stroker
bart works sla/ mm rear co with phb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-17-2019, 09:01 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (3)
Are you asking about the mounting brackets? If so, I recommend the dual “Renegade” bracket, or that’s what I know it as. I switched to one on an older setup. Very happy I did. Besides being a beefy piece, it had two main benefits I liked. First, a 10 rib pulley will help reduce belt slip. Second, and most important for me, was the tensioner set up. It gets rid of the basic spring tensioner pulley and replaces it with a tensioner that is built into the bracket. This makes keeping the belt at a perfect tension and is a #### ton easier to deal with. That alone is a reason to go with the 2 plate bracket.

pkstang and CHARMER054 like this.

Stock block 306, V1 T-trim, AFM B-451 cam, TFS Twisted Wedge, Holley Systemax, A1000, Snow Meth, TKO 600, Team Z, Strange, MM, Lakewood and Moser helps me go forward fast.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-21-2019, 12:26 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
the dual plate is best the stock 3/8 plate just sucks with flex higher boost level belt-tightening, it far superior with tensioner plus if get tired of belt stretch you can go to cog drive. it got a higher price but do it once and be done. i went through it all from stock plate to a custom 1/2 inch plate, to dual renegade, although i didn't buy my dual plate from vortech I custom made my own patterned after it with my own mods.

you won't reget the extra cash or performance of dual plate setup and no blower flex .

contour fan or mark viii fan is key.

you might have to angle bottom the rad a little into rad on the bottom not hard to clear the pulley setup it all depends if you have tubular k-member. that engine is set back inch.

also you need to get cobra water pump pulley for clearance.

90 lincoln mark vii
611rwhp 509 torque at 13 psi boost , adding 50mm cogs will be soon 800rwhp 30psi
342, dart block,crower billet crank, olivier rods, je pistons, afr 205's ,vortech ys trim blower, snow met stage2 dual nozzel,fulidyne rad ,classic fast ecu ,83#injectors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
exactly what I was looking to hear, thx

88 LX 331 stroker
bart works sla/ mm rear co with phb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement