Pulley help. Vortech v-1 S trim. 331 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-02-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
Pulley help. Vortech v-1 S trim. 331

I have another thread about parts to make this install happen, but I know things get buried and this is a different question.

331. 10.5:1. AFR 165 heads, holly systemax2 intake. Anything else I should list that comes into play?

Picked up a v1 S trim. I plan to install along with this:
https://www.cxracing.com/KIT-MSTG-8793-50SC-IC0012-A

Also have a anderson power pipe for the intake side...90mm Lightning Mass air.

It came with a 10 Rib setup. Crank pulley I couldnt measure exactly cause my calipers only go to 6 inch...but it was a little larger. Vortech told me they come in 6 inch, 6.8 inch, and 8 inch. No way was it 8 inch....and it was slightly bigger than my calipers so it must be a 6.8 inch. Upper pulley is a 2.75.

Tuner telling me stick to 8PSI max to keep this 93 only, no meth. Vortech can't tell me what to go with. Only that the 2.75 was VERY high. He said a 3.33 is more factory, and on a stock 302 should be around 10-12 PSI. He could not...or would not guess for me on what to change it too. He said go with the 3.33 which based on your cubic inches, and aftercooler, should come in below 8 PSI and then move up from there.

Well. I am not really wanting to buy 3 different $100+ pulleys to bring to the dyno....so any vortech experts in here wanna throw me some advice? I assume unlike a turbo with a BOV, you have no way to turn down the boost if I go over...so maybe I should error on the side of below 8 PSI if I am just taking a guess?

Any advice? thanks guys.

Oh...sounds like I have a 2.75 10 rib pulley for sale/trade if anyone looking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-02-2019, 02:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I'd go with the 3.33" pulley like he suggested. You will lose a few psi off of his 10-12 psi estimate because of the extra cubes and probably be close to where you need to be. If I were you I would try to run it on E85 or run meth injection. The 10.5:1 compression is going to make things interesting on pump gas.

post #3 of 6 Old 05-02-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
I'd go with the 3.33" pulley like he suggested. You will lose a few psi off of his 10-12 psi estimate because of the extra cubes and probably be close to where you need to be. If I were you I would try to run it on E85 or run meth injection. The 10.5:1 compression is going to make things interesting on pump gas.
Yeah...those were my thoughts on the compression. I've had 2 different tuners tell me at 8 PSI not to worry though. I don't want E85 or meth...street car...rarely sees track.

So the 3.33 pulley. I figured I'd lose some PSI cause of cubes, but don't aftercoolers cause some PSI loss as well? so 2-3 from cubes...what...2 from aftercooler? would put me at 7 PSI BEST...5 PSI worst? I guess that might be my best bet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-03-2019, 10:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
You will lose a little for the cooler. I'd give that pulley a shot though, you might get away with not having to buy anything.

The E85 works even better for a street car. I saw you were in Louisiana and it really helps them run cooler during the summer. That aftercooler will heat saturate in no time in the summer heat down here. Of course I have no idea how available E85 is in Louisiana. We have it all over town here in Dallas.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-03-2019, 07:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I have a 3.3 pulley, gunne get tuned for my 3.12 this weekend. Let me get tuned and i might have a pulley for sale.

2002 gt...v2 strim, front mount cooler, Anderson power pipe, E85 tuned, victor jr. intake 60lb hr injectors, return style fuel system, longtubes, catless, 50/50s and strange 10 ways, Team Z UCA's and LCA
post #6 of 6 Old 05-12-2019, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuilder View Post
I have a 3.3 pulley, gunne get tuned for my 3.12 this weekend. Let me get tuned and i might have a pulley for sale.
10 rib? If so....I want it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement