1st Time Supercharging - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 02-10-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
1st Time Supercharging

Last time at the track I started having a head gasket issue, blowing coolant out the overflow on the track. 95 GT 5.0 with AODE. Since I have to tear down the engine anyways, I have been looking for an inexpensive way to supercharge it. Using an Eaton off of an 03-04 Cobra and making adapters to mount it on my 5.0 seems like the lowest cost way to go. I am a machinist by trade so getting it to bolt on and set up is no worry but I do have a few other questions.

1. I currently have 30lb injectors. Will they be enough? It is still a stock block/lower end so I am only planning to use 6-8 psi boost.

2. Will my 75mm throttle body work/be enough?

3. I have a 195lph fuel pump, is that enough?

4. I am switching to ARP head studs and I already have a set of Fel-Pro Perma-Torque MLS gaskets # , good enough?

5. The blower has a built in by-pass with a vacuum operated actuator, what is the proper way to hook it up?

The blower will be here this week and I plan to start right away on making the adapters needed. I hope to be running by April 20th. Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
In 302 you have no room for intercooler, so you lose some power. 112 is made that way it is very difficult to build intercooler outside.
I had 30 lbs injectors in my old 302 Cobra, and it made 275 rwhp, and injectors were near the limit. I suggest 300 lph pump and bigger injectors, Late Tbird SC has 36 lbs, but it wont harm if you get decent biggers.
Stock studs are enough with mls-gaskets. Bypass is controlled by vacuum after throttle.
75 Tb is good.

I build 4.6 32 valve + 112 for my Cobra, I'll install 340lph pump and I have 54 lbs GT500 injectors for it.

post #3 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (3)
First, sell that blower you get and buy a pro charger or a vortech. I wouldn’t bother with all that work for just 6-8lbs of boost. But hey that’s me. I think you’d be better off.
I’d also get some 60lb injectors at least. You don’t want to play with fuel. My last 2 cars were stock blocks pushing 14-17lbs boost and 500-575rwhp. So don’t worry about breaking your block.

Stock block 306, V1 T-trim, AFM B-451 cam, TFS Twisted Wedge, Holley Systemax, A1000, Snow Meth, TKO 600, Team Z, Strange, MM, Lakewood and Moser helps me go forward fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer 1966 View Post
Last time at the track I started having a head gasket issue, blowing coolant out the overflow on the track. 95 GT 5.0 with AODE. Since I have to tear down the engine anyways, I have been looking for an inexpensive way to supercharge it. Using an Eaton off of an 03-04 Cobra and making adapters to mount it on my 5.0 seems like the lowest cost way to go. I am a machinist by trade so getting it to bolt on and set up is no worry but I do have a few other questions.

1. I currently have 30lb injectors. Will they be enough? It is still a stock block/lower end so I am only planning to use 6-8 psi boost.depends on if you use a fmu or not.

2. Will my 75mm throttle body work/be enough? yup

3. I have a 195lph fuel pump, is that enough?imo, not really but it could work if you cant spring for a $100 255lph

4. I am switching to ARP head studs and I already have a set of Fel-Pro Perma-Torque MLS gaskets # , good enough?studs are over kill but i like overkill.

5. The blower has a built in by-pass with a vacuum operated actuator, what is the proper way to hook it up?not sure, but i'd wager you need it to see boost and vac probably from the intake manifold

The blower will be here this week and I plan to start right away on making the adapters needed. I hope to be running by April 20th. Thanks for any help!
Good luck!A new V3 SCI will get you what you want for under $3k and be a whole lot easier, just saying.

Stuff...
post #5 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 08:39 PM

Will it help that much

I just bought a neglected 62,000 mile 05 GT with a V2 Vortect Procharger on it. The engine is locked and I imagine a broken crank from running too much boost on a stick 4.6. Not knowing what for sure happened and if the cylinder walls may have been damaged or even a head and not having anyone including a Hotrod shop that wanted to pull my engine out because they all say there are too many connections and too complicated but they are putting GM LS engines in everything that moves. I probably made a big mistake but I bought a running barely 4.6 Police Interceptor Engine out of a 08 Crown Vic Police Car. I have an engine builder who is a legend and has been building High Performance Engines for almost 50 years, How much potential HP have I given up going from a three valve engine to a two valve engine? The plan is forged crank and rods, High Compression Pistons, as hot of cam as can be run on the street and ran wide open on a 1 mile track. Are the PI Heads any good and donít you have to use them in conjunction with the factory intake or can you use an aftermarket intake. Any chance of getting 350-375 HP out of this engine?
post #6 of 38 Old 02-12-2019, 04:13 AM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landspeedracer View Post
I just bought a neglected 62,000 mile 05 GT with a V2 Vortect Procharger on it. The engine is locked and I imagine a broken crank from running too much boost on a stick 4.6. Not knowing what for sure happened and if the cylinder walls may have been damaged or even a head and not having anyone including a Hotrod shop that wanted to pull my engine out because they all say there are too many connections and too complicated but they are putting GM LS engines in everything that moves. I probably made a big mistake but I bought a running barely 4.6 Police Interceptor Engine out of a 08 Crown Vic Police Car. I have an engine builder who is a legend and has been building High Performance Engines for almost 50 years, How much potential HP have I given up going from a three valve engine to a two valve engine? The plan is forged crank and rods, High Compression Pistons, as hot of cam as can be run on the street and ran wide open on a 1 mile track. Are the PI Heads any good and don’t you have to use them in conjunction with the factory intake or can you use an aftermarket intake. Any chance of getting 350-375 HP out of this engine?
Probably want to start your own thread. Not polite to steal another’s. You’ll get more help if you start your own.

Stock block 306, V1 T-trim, AFM B-451 cam, TFS Twisted Wedge, Holley Systemax, A1000, Snow Meth, TKO 600, Team Z, Strange, MM, Lakewood and Moser helps me go forward fast.
post #7 of 38 Old 02-12-2019, 02:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (23)
if you can build it cheap, i would do it. You may even make a little money off of it if you decide to sell it.

If you stay around 300ish hp mark, those parts may actually work. I would probably stay closer to 6lbs of boost.

The gaskets and studs are probably overkill. If the heads can come off of studs without hitting the brake booster, I may go ahead and do it. As for the gasket, I used a 9111 felpro and had great success. Lots of other members have as well.

I would want a tuning chip to use with it.

93 lx convrt. 5-speed, stock shortblock, afr 165s, eddy performer intake, custom cam, vortech sci.
post #8 of 38 Old 02-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Corral Elite Member

But why go through all that for 300hp? That’s a good amount of work for just 6lbs boost and only 300hp.....but of course to each their own. Respectfully.

post #9 of 38 Old 02-16-2019, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys, sorry to start this thread and then be gone all week. Ok, thanks for the replies but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnFox View Post
In 302 you have no room for intercooler, so you lose some power..........

I had 30 lbs injectors in my old 302 Cobra, and it made 275 rwhp, and injectors were near the limit.......
I know about the intercooler issue. I plan to mill off the intercooler mounting flange so I can keep my adapter plate thinner and the blower closer to the engine.
Are you sure they weren't 24s? I can't remember what my tuner told me but it was a lot more than 275whp you could get with 30lb injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicCoupe View Post
First, sell that blower you get and buy a pro charger or a vortech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK VNM View Post
Good luck!A new V3 SCI will get you what you want for under $3k and be a whole lot easier, just saying.
Thanks for your replies and answers. You guys have deeper pockets than I do. I will be way under 1k with this set up then will only need it tuned which the car needs anyways. I would really like to put a 6-71 on it with an Enderle Birdcatcher with EFI but I don't know how to get it to work with the 95's computer besides not being able to afford it.

@SNK VNM Hwat does the FMU do and why does it make a difference on injector size? Right now, no I do not have one and was told I did not need one,just a good tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrimDrip View Post
if you can build it cheap, i would do it. You may even make a little money off of it if you decide to sell it.

If you stay around 300ish hp mark,

I would want a tuning chip to use with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicCoupe View Post
But why go through all that for 300hp? Thatís a good amount of work for just 6lbs boost and only 300hp.....but of course to each their own. Respectfully.
Where are guys coming up with 300hp? My engine is already at 300whp now. For me this is the cheapest way I see to go. All of the materials and fab work cost me $0 + time. The blower was $475(only 50 miles on it), I will have to buy a belt, crank pulley and tensioner plus what we deem absolutely necessary here.
post #10 of 38 Old 02-16-2019, 04:39 AM

I assumed since you are not up front about what you have. I am one of the ones that is not a mind reader.

to answer your question, no. #30s will not be a enough. You could raise the fuel pressure and go past the recommended duty cycle to get more out of them. Here is a general formula you can follow:

300 (HP) x 0.5 (BSFC) / 8 (Number of injectors) x 0.85 (duty cycle)

your bsfc will be around .65, since you are supercharging it.

93 lx convrt. 5-speed, stock shortblock, afr 165s, eddy performer intake, custom cam, vortech sci.
post #11 of 38 Old 02-16-2019, 06:00 AM

I swapped Tbird SC injectors to my 302 Cobra, originally it had 24lbs. It shouldn't effect power, but I got better drivability with those, more torque.
post #12 of 38 Old 02-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Corral Elite Member

My 300hp comment was directed towards TrimDrip. Telling you to keep it at the 300hp mark. Not sure who would boost an engine, just to keep it at 300hp...
given that you already have everything and you can fab whatever needed, I’d absolutely go for it. Especially if you’re ok with the results. 6-8lbs boost isn’t going to do a whole lot, but it will 100% do something for you!
A FMU helps supplement undersized injectors, basically. I refer to it as a band-aid fix. The proper way to do it, is buy bigger injectors and ditch the FMU. Buy 60lb injectors. Boost is addicting, so keep in mind, that 6-8lbs boost isn’t gonna be enough for you and you’ll want more. You’ll see!! Boost is awesome

post #13 of 38 Old 02-16-2019, 10:22 AM

I agree, it is a lot of work. For everyone else, it is a lot of money. But, people used to put entry level superchargers on their cars all of the time.

post #14 of 38 Old 02-16-2019, 11:28 AM

#### man, look at the thing. I may even buy that to put on a stock mustang

post #15 of 38 Old 02-16-2019, 02:39 PM
Corral Elite Member

All things aside, I think it’s an awesome idea. It’s different. As long as the OP understands what he’s getting, then it’s all good. It looks and sounds pretty good, I’ll admit.

post #16 of 38 Old 02-17-2019, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

My bad, I should have stated what I have for a set up now and where I would like to be with this blower on it.
I didn't get to dyno the current set up before developing a head gasket issue (caused by a stuck thermostat/overheating). Based on the previous set up and the changes made, it should be just north of the 300whp mark. I was thinking this should get me over the 400 mark. My lower boost number is because I AM worried about the block since so many say it is weak.

As a 30 year toolmaker/machinist, I don't see this as a lot of work. Fairly quick and simple actually compared to many parts I make. I am even considering making my own low-profile distributor since I can't find any available on the market.

So my main extra upgrades I need are bigger injectors and possibly a larger fuel pump. Thanks for the info, I will post some updates as I make progress on this project so be sure to look if this thread pops to the top again in the next couple of months.
post #17 of 38 Old 02-17-2019, 06:51 AM

FMU spikes the fuel pressure when in boost by a ratio you can set up using different disks in the fmu housing. It's definitely a band-aid but they do work. Here's a link with more info from vortech, https://vortechsuperchargers.com/pro...ant=7812902593

Stuff...
post #18 of 38 Old 02-17-2019, 07:12 AM

400 is achievable I am sure. This guy did it. https://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0...s-foxbody.html

post #19 of 38 Old 02-17-2019, 10:16 AM
Corral Elite Member

It’s absolutely attainable, but don’t be afraid if you make more power. That stock block should hold up fine. Just don’t scream her to 7,000rpm all the time. For you, it’s absolutely worth doing and I can’t wait to see it! And hear it.
100% ditch the FMU and buy Siemens Deka 60lb injectors and a fuel system/pump to match. Injectors/fuel system is not an area to be messing around. Will definitely be following!

post #20 of 38 Old 02-17-2019, 11:31 AM

I made 390hp with a kenne bell 1.5 and meth kit on a 2000 mountaineer engine. Stock mustang cam, upgraded valve springs, and cobra rockers.

post #21 of 38 Old 02-17-2019, 05:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
SC or TC with no intercooler or after cooler is a waste. Whatever you gain will be lost in retarded timing, etc.

1988 GT, 57k mi, Orig Owner
ProCharger P600B, FRPP Headers, Flowmaster F2, 3G Alt, Mk8 Fan/DCC, 3.55's, Prog Springs, ST Brace, G/Trac Bar, Subfrms, UCA, LCA, FCA, Tokico 5-ways, C/C Plates, CSA 16x8, Bridgestone RE760 Sport 225/50R16, Megasquirt DIYPNPF60, LC2 WBO2, C&L76mm MAF w/LU47's
post #22 of 38 Old 02-17-2019, 05:33 PM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown88GT View Post
SC or TC with no intercooler or after cooler is a waste. Whatever you gain will be lost in retarded timing, etc.
This is absolutely wrong. One of the dumbest things I’ve read.
NotYaMama likes this.

post #23 of 38 Old 04-07-2019, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys just wanted to give a little update. I am still doing this project but it's been slower going than anticipated due to high work load at the shop. There is a little progress though..

First after receiving the supercharger, I took some measurements and started with the easiest part to make, a flange to bolt the throttle body plumbing to the main unit. Just a simple flat piece of 6061 aluminum 1/2" thick milled to shape of the supercharger inlet with bolt pattern to match.

Then I found a larger round piece(5 1/2") also 6061 to make the conical oval-to-round tube adapter. Since I use pieces out of our scrap bin, I had to start on a mill and mill the the big end offset to clear previous work on the material. Then to the lathe to machine the outside cone and bore the ID. And then back to the mill again for some work there. I was going to weld the flange on but I could see enough room that I went bolt-on instead. From there I decided to use a C&L cast tube from a Foxbody CAI set sup. I count it as $0 cost for this project because I already had it on hand from a previous project that I ended up not using it on. It did cost $85 originally so if you want to copy my setup you can add that cost. I simply milled the end to fit the turned cone adapter.

I have drawn up the adapter plate to intake and the throttle body adapter flange also drawn up. And I have materials set aside for them but that is really all that I have done at this time. I haven't measured the width on the engine and may need to add a spacer between the tube and the cone so the throttle body/maf housing and air filter clear the oil filler tube on the valve cover. No big deal but won't know until I can start taking the motor apart to check fit.

I'll update again as I can make more progress on this project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Message_1552420592280.jpg (64.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20190314_180139.jpg (57.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Message_1553527255243.jpg (56.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20190326_074920.jpg (68.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20190325_170347.jpg (67.7 KB, 30 views)
CDW6212R and Saleen414 like this.
post #24 of 38 Old 04-07-2019, 09:30 AM

being a machinist, you could have come up with a air/water intercooler setup

that being said, have you got the tuning lined up?

starting and idling and drivability will affected negatively.

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #25 of 38 Old 04-07-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer 1966 View Post
Hey guys just wanted to give a little update. I am still doing this project but it's been slower going than anticipated due to high work load at the shop. There is a little progress though..

First after receiving the supercharger, I took some measurements and started with the easiest part to make, a flange to bolt the throttle body plumbing to the main unit. Just a simple flat piece of 6061 aluminum 1/2" thick milled to shape of the supercharger inlet with bolt pattern to match.

Then I found a larger round piece(5 1/2") also 6061 to make the conical oval-to-round tube adapter. Since I use pieces out of our scrap bin, I had to start on a mill and mill the the big end offset to clear previous work on the material. Then to the lathe to machine the outside cone and bore the ID. And then back to the mill again for some work there. I was going to weld the flange on but I could see enough room that I went bolt-on instead. From there I decided to use a C&L cast tube from a Foxbody CAI set sup. I count it as $0 cost for this project because I already had it on hand from a previous project that I ended up not using it on. It did cost $85 originally so if you want to copy my setup you can add that cost. I simply milled the end to fit the turned cone adapter.

I have drawn up the adapter plate to intake and the throttle body adapter flange also drawn up. And I have materials set aside for them but that is really all that I have done at this time. I haven't measured the width on the engine and may need to add a spacer between the tube and the cone so the throttle body/maf housing and air filter clear the oil filler tube on the valve cover. No big deal but won't know until I can start taking the motor apart to check fit.

I'll update again as I can make more progress on this project.

That's a good start, adapting materials you have access to now.

I'd add an intercooler, underneath it. You have the experience with metal working, find a lower cost carb style intake, and gut it all the way down to the belly pan. There's a member on the Explorer forum who has just done that, and is now working on the blower outer parts. So he has the intake/IC plenum done, and the blower fits, which would be tight in Mustang. AN IC of over 100ci and approaching 150ci would do wonders for power/tuning, for IAT temps.

Rough tuning like an FMU gets is a recipe to crack a stock block. If you tune it properly with the computer, the stock block should survive 500hp reliably, keeping the rpm's reasonable. For a positive displacement blower, the power range is from the bottom up, so I'd shift it near stock levels, 5k or so depending on airflow of heads etc.

Running 6-8psi will work okay for a mild engine and no IC, if you adapt an IC, then 10psi will be no trouble.

Don
92 Mark VII LSC SE - soon OBDII and 4R70, GTC kit and 347, custom paint.
98 Explorer Limited project to add 4WD, XP8 parts, KB blower, paint, 337.
99 Limited mail vehicle, SOHC 4WD, later 306/4R70W swap. 1998 Mountaineer spare. 72 Ranchero 351 Clevor project.
post #26 of 38 Old 04-07-2019, 11:50 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
You should go with water injection or add extra injectors preblower to cool the boost.

2016 V6 Mustang Race Red
post #27 of 38 Old 04-07-2019, 01:16 PM

excellent tag line

'cool the boost'

culdbst

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #28 of 38 Old 04-11-2019, 12:15 PM

I ran an M112 on a 306 for a number of years. The thing was a consistent mid 10's car at 127 mph. The blower was maxed out though. The youtube video that's posted above was another guy's design that had multiple failures of the extended snout. Pizano never got his done (that I know of). The Lightning M112 is difficult to package on a pushrod motor (without it being 10 feet tall). But it's doable, I suppose.

This is an interior view of a 10.57 pass of my car with the 306/M112 combo:

I had a big massive thread on the M112 install on the corral. BTW - I used a Jaguar M112 that was given to me by an engineer at Eaton.

Here's the thread:
https://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0...-ltd-pics.html

Unfortunately, though the pictures are all still up on the server, the dolts who took over the Corral have blocked private servers from hosting photos. I emailed them about it and they didn't respond.

FWIW - a 75mm TB will be a restriction on that blower. Try to get a stock Cobra ('03-'04) TB.

AlexLTDLX

'84 LTD LX - 9.83 at 140.09. Whippled 365 SBF with a glide and 3.08 gears. Driven to and from the track 60 miles without even changing tire pressure.
post #29 of 38 Old 04-11-2019, 12:44 PM

Figured I would chime in as well, I currently have an M112 from a Jag as well. Mine is ported inlet and outlet water methonal injected and I tune Megasquirt ECU as a "second job" so no issues with the tuning at all. drivability with a custom bumpstick was/is amazing. My full build thread is over on stangnet. I mounted mine much differently and it will fit under the stock hood very easily.
You will want to use a b&m blower manifold and make an adapter plate to keep the blower mounted low, convert to EDIS or CNP ignition allows you to use a cam sensor from the explorer to drive the oil pump. if you are really hard up for space next to the blower to fit the fuel injectors you could try and utilize a GM fuel spider setup.. add the extra fuel ahead of the blower with an extra injector or even a standalone system such as one used on a nitrous setup.
many ways to get it done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180907_113919.jpg (89.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 20180831_165935.jpg (140.2 KB, 41 views)
TrimDrip likes this.
post #30 of 38 Old 04-12-2019, 03:30 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
Holy macaroni of a tight package that is a91what!
One could (almost) think it's stock.

That looks good!

1988 Ford Thunderbird
306, Procharger D1 w/ intercooler, Holley SysteMAX II, Freddy Brown built AOD, 8.8" 3.55 gears, FRPP Shorty headers, 2.5" exhaust w/ Flowmaster 40's & Magnaflow cats, proud member of Anonymous Alcoholics (runs E85), 5" cowl hood from VFN
post #31 of 38 Old 04-12-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird88 View Post
Holy macaroni of a tight package that is a91what!
One could (almost) think it's stock.

That looks good!
Thank you very much, I spent alot of time making sure it was done "right". I wanted a custom blower setup without it looking like some kind of monstrosity that required hacking to make fit.
-homebuilt Megasquirt ECU with many modifications
-watermethonal injection is pieced together, pwm controlled from the megasquirt
-LU47 FRPP injectors and walboro 250lph pump bbk fuel rails
-ported gt40irons with 7/16studs and 1.6RR
-306CID with DSS 4032 flat top pistons with total seal gapless rings 10:1 comp
-Wasted spark coil pack ignition utilizing the plentiful edis coils
-Full exhaust with cats
-Jaguar Eaton M112 gen5 blower ported, on a B&M intake with a homemade adapter plate.
-fabbed up blower inlet as well.
-minicooper bypass valve - vacuum actuated
-passenger side front dress is homemade out of 1/2" aluminum bar stock to fit extra pulleys
- DD-EFI digital dash for Megasquirt this is the only thing i did not make myself
I know i am forgetting some stuff....
post #32 of 38 Old 04-15-2019, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Yes guys I know I could have made an IC work under the blower but 2 things turned me away from it. 1 - I really wanted to keep the set up low and under the hood and 2- I planned to stay as inexpensive as possible. That set up @a91what is what I originally wanted to do. For tuning, I was planning to get the set up built then take to a local shop for dyno tuning.

A couple of things have changed now. My son is arguing he wants to have the blower stick out of the hood, LOL so I have been rethinking the set up. But worse, the trans in the car is about to go. ON the good side I have come up with more funds to throw at the car and I found an great deal on direct fit AEM stand alone engine management system. It will take longer to see the final set up for the supercharger but the plan now is this:

1. The engine and trans are coming out of the car to make all the necessary repairs.
2. Get them back in the car and spend some time learning to tune with AEM
3. Finish up the supercharging project. If all goes well, I will sell this supercharger and use a different unit. Still not planning an inter-cooler but it will have the injectors pre-blower.

I hope I can make what's in my head work. I will working on it while trying get the motor/trans back to good. Details to come as progress gets made.
post #33 of 38 Old 04-16-2019, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLTDLX View Post
Pizano never got his done (that I know of). The Lightning M112 is difficult to package on a pushrod motor (without it being 10 feet tall). But it's doable, I suppose.

it did indeed run and split the block. (as of a year ago) a dart build is in the works

^that is what the owner of this video posted in the comments

post #34 of 38 Old 04-16-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a91what View Post
Thank you very much, I spent alot of time making sure it was done "right". I wanted a custom blower setup without it looking like some kind of monstrosity that required hacking to make fit.
-homebuilt Megasquirt ECU with many modifications
-watermethonal injection is pieced together, pwm controlled from the megasquirt
-LU47 FRPP injectors and walboro 250lph pump bbk fuel rails
-ported gt40irons with 7/16studs and 1.6RR
-306CID with DSS 4032 flat top pistons with total seal gapless rings 10:1 comp
-Wasted spark coil pack ignition utilizing the plentiful edis coils
-Full exhaust with cats
-Jaguar Eaton M112 gen5 blower ported, on a B&M intake with a homemade adapter plate.
-fabbed up blower inlet as well.
-minicooper bypass valve - vacuum actuated
-passenger side front dress is homemade out of 1/2" aluminum bar stock to fit extra pulleys
- DD-EFI digital dash for Megasquirt this is the only thing i did not make myself
I know i am forgetting some stuff....
so where did you get your computer science degree from again?

post #35 of 38 Old 04-16-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrimDrip View Post
so where did you get your computer science degree from again?
No degree here, I am an electrician by trade. I am also an EPRI tech so I know my way around a schematic, the MegaSquirt is a DIY based ECU. I currently have 2 ECU in one case I maxed the I/O out on the first so i used a Tinyxio from JBperf to give me more options, otherwise i would have had to upgrade to a MS3x to do what i needed it to.
CDW6212R likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement