T-Bird(SC) super charger for mustang??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-26-2007, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
T-Bird(SC) super charger for mustang???

Hey guys, im looking a 1990 T-BIRD SUPER COUPE 3.8L EATON M90 SUPERCHARGER on Ebay and I was wondering if this thing will bolt directly to my 1998 3.8L V6 Mustang? Has anyone ever done this before with out any major complications? Is this an easy install or is it more complicated than it looks? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (37)
3800 sc

I saw a guy at St Louis a few years back that had the complete engine and supercharger and wiring harness in a Mustang ...from a Super coupe

post #3 of 8 Old 08-26-2007, 08:55 PM

yes it will work, you will need to ditch ur UD pully tho and prob upgrade to a stronger LSD then the trash lok rear, should be good enough for high 13s with your other mods

99 mustang gt 35th vert - bolt ons
09 f-350 lariat CCSB 5.4 - DD
04 f-350 RCLB 6.0 - sold
---8100 lbs 13.9 @ 96 tune/deleted, stock heads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
i did it to my 98 mustang. its possible to be put on there. what does it all include? on your 98 the heads DO NOT need to be changed out. 99+ do. the major problem you will run into is the water tube on top of the water pump was to be custom made. to work.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 07:46 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
v6power.net is where you need to start. Alot more to it than just bolting the blower on.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 03:38 PM

also a quick cruise around sccoa.com can net you a better price on blowers, and tehy can help you with jsut about everything... what you want to get is a blower from a 94/95 supercoupe.. they have epoxy coated rotors, are built with tighter clearance, and are about 20%more efficient. theres a guy selling one for 360 shipped from a 94. make sure you have the internals to take it (might consider an entire sc engine swap) that way you can comfortably run 12-13 psi w/o popping a HG.

one guy to look up would be slow_v6_stang over there on sccoa, he has done the swap, and it looks nice. you should look into a FMIC, or switch to the SC radiator also, to allow colder air to the stock intercooler.

but yes, it is possible, and these sc engines have loads of potential. just dont expect to order gofast parts out of a catalog for it... it isnt like a regular old 5.0 or 4.6. you cant just buy crap and slap something together, it takes hard work to get these to go fast. go register on sccoa and you'll see. the fastest run out of an sc yet is a mid ten sec. pass... there is a group buy in order for a m112 hybrid kit, that soemone has made 400hp with just cams, better flowing heads, exhaust, ovedriven supercharger, and a good tune. (absolutely no methanol injection, no nitrous, nothing.)

oh... and have fun with it!
post #7 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I believe there's even a free video on v6power that details the swap requirements...the username of the guy that did the video is v6sprout I believe.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 05:46 PM

yup, he's a member of sccoa.com too. lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement