motor swap - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-23-2007, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
motor swap

hey there you guys probably here this a lot but im gonna be doing a motor swap as i spun a rod bearing and i have choosen to go with 5.0. The donor car that i have is 1991 mercury marquis with high output motor what i would like to know is exactly what i should take for my swap i have a general idea but any help would appreciated as i dont wanna forget to remove anything that i need. also the car its going into is a 94 with the v6 in it right now any ideas guys.

ps i hope this is in the right section

The Josh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-26-2007, 10:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
you will need a kmember for a stang, motor, alternator, power steering pump, radiator, motor mounts, AC compressor, break cylender/booster, tranny, driveshaft, 8.8 rear or a detroit true trac in the 7.5, exhaust, ECU, PATs, and a bunch of other little ####

find a wrecked 97+f150 with the 4.2 V-6, those can be pretty much droped in with minor work unlike the 5.0, you can find low milage ones for around $500 in a junkyard, they are rated at about 225 HP/255ft.lbs of torque, so it will run roughly the same times as it would if you were to drop a 5.0 in it with less work and less money spent

option 2 would be find a tbird supercoupe motor, 200 rwhp and 300 rwft.lbs of torque and high 13s, you will also need atleast GT take off duals for that and you should throw in a true trac or 8.8 as well

99 mustang gt 35th vert - bolt ons
09 f-350 lariat CCSB 5.4 - DD
04 f-350 RCLB 6.0 - sold
---8100 lbs 13.9 @ 96 tune/deleted, stock heads
post #3 of 4 Old 06-28-2007, 10:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
While I agree with the 4.2L as it will be a TON of less work.. I love mine in my Tbird! just make sure you get a 99+ 4.2L as the 97/98 had probs!!

IF you do the 5.0.. the grandmarquis motors are weak and not HO motors! plus you will NOT need a K-member as the 94/95 cars are the same as fox body's,, they changed in 96! the alternator is the same 3.8 or 5.0 (both the same) power steering pump can be reused but bracket changed over. brake booster and other stuff can be kept! and chaged out as money allows.

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2007, 08:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I agree with the 91 grand marquis' motor not being HO. All Crown vics/grand marquis'/town cars with a 5.0 came standard output. Same engine that was in my 88 cougar (it was rated at 155hp, about 280 tq I believe).

I also second the idea of getting a 4.2 v6. If you can't find one, finding a 3.8 split port v6 from a 99-04 mustang will work as well, and will drop in just as easily as the 4.2 (the 4.2's basically a stroked version of the split port 3.8)

2002 Mineral grey GT 5 speed. Flowmaster 40's catback, Mach 1 grille delete, timing advance, push button starter, Bullitt pedals, FR500 steering wheel, K&N FIPK, Self ported upper intake w/ spacer, Pioneer Avic D3, MGW shifter, MM FL subframe connectors, Mach 1 springs, Bilstein HD struts/springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement