More Mustang Problems - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
More Mustang Problems

having problems with my 01 v6 mustang just replaced the Neutral Saftey Switch last week that seems to be working but now.

When I am in park it idles fine but when in drive at a stoplight it just surges and I can actually hear the valves rattling around I dont have any lights that came on so maybe a fuel pump? Also between like 35-45 it runs like #### so I gotta either do faster or slower then those speeds just wondering if someone knows oh yeah the car is an automatic and its got 61k on it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-05-2007, 11:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbu8554 View Post
having problems with my 01 v6 mustang just replaced the Neutral Saftey Switch last week that seems to be working but now.

When I am in park it idles fine but when in drive at a stoplight it just surges and I can actually hear the valves rattling around
If this was all you had said, I might think vacuum leak.

Quote:
Also between like 35-45 it runs like #### so I gotta either do faster or slower then those speeds just wondering if someone knows oh yeah the car is an automatic and its got 61k on it
Not sure if this agrees with my thoughts. I had a problem with my IAC once but it was more of a problem at startup, not at stoplights. When I described my problem, I was told that if it changed the idle at stoplights, it might be a vacuum leak. Makes me think that that would be more likely if it tried to die, not surge. Maybe you have a sensor going out but it looks like it would likely throw a code.

post #3 of 3 Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
exactly if it was a sensor or plugs and wires it wold throw a code and it does not do it all the time but it was so bad this morning it actually died on me and it is usually worse when the car is cold but it still happens when its hot just not as often, also when i went to leave from a job interview this morning the button on the shifter did not want to push in i had to use both thumbs to get it to go in was a pain in the ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement