Just bought a SC need some questions answered... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Just bought a SC need some questions answered...

Hey, Ive purchased a T-bird 95 Super Coupe, the motor has had issues (from what the previous owner has told me) and Im thinking about doing away with the V-6 and dropping a 5.0 in there, will the factory 5-speed work with a 5.0? (I have a V8 bellhousing)

Im also not sure if the k-member is the same as a 5.0, and the SC has electronic suspension, whitch I know nothing about, Im basicaly asking if I do decide to swap a V8 in there what can I retain from the original v6 drivetrain wiring etc..

thanks, 2wld4u

Few ideas are wrong in their conception; it takes a dyno or a racetrack to prove otherwise. Experiment. Innovate. Invent. Think outside the box.

Last edited by 2wld4u; 09-05-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-05-2006, 09:58 PM

keep the 3.8, fords essex block is just as good if not better then the 5.0 to build up if you know what you are doing, im new so i cant post links but magna chargers and super six motorsports for parts

99 mustang gt 35th vert - bolt ons
09 f-350 lariat CCSB 5.4 - DD
04 f-350 RCLB 6.0 - sold
---8100 lbs 13.9 @ 96 tune/deleted, stock heads
post #3 of 14 Old 09-06-2006, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman022232
keep the 3.8, fords essex block is just as good if not better then the 5.0 to build up if you know what you are doing, im new so i cant post links but magna chargers and super six motorsports for parts

well, Ive learned alot about the super coupe since I posted this, I wouldnt mind keeping the six but it has issues, Id need new heads, likely need to rebuild the shortblock and thats just for starters, I have no idea what else might be wrong with the car.. I might be able to weld up the heads where the damage is, since thier alum, but Id have to mill the deck therafterwards and I have no idea if the deck thickness is thick enough to do so, I havent had the time to check..

thanks for the heads up.. I'll check em out..

2wld4u

Few ideas are wrong in their conception; it takes a dyno or a racetrack to prove otherwise. Experiment. Innovate. Invent. Think outside the box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 09-06-2006, 03:07 PM

yea but compare prices to that for that of a 302 swap

99 mustang gt 35th vert - bolt ons
09 f-350 lariat CCSB 5.4 - DD
04 f-350 RCLB 6.0 - sold
---8100 lbs 13.9 @ 96 tune/deleted, stock heads
post #5 of 14 Old 09-10-2006, 03:06 AM

Have to agree, compare the price for the V8 swap, you'll need an engine, harness, ECM, exhaust, mounts, and so on, you can buy a sweet 3.8 or 4.3 stroker, and it will bolt right in. Even keep s/c.
post #6 of 14 Old 09-11-2006, 03:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
well if you want to get rid of the supercoupe motor I will take it for another mustang conversion

'66 lincoln ragtop,
1983 Mustang convertable S/C V6
1985 Lincoln Town Car Hearse
Four-Eyed pony posse member
post #7 of 14 Old 09-11-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

It would likely need rebuilt, but I will sell the shortblock cheap. The heads are sold, I ported them, freshened them up, and they were actualy sold before I had them finished..

Not having have heard the 3.8 run I would sell the short block as a rebuildable core not a ready to run shortblock..

2wld4u

post #8 of 14 Old 09-12-2006, 11:13 PM

actually wanted whole motor, blower and all . what parts are you selling of this motor? besides the shortblock? what part of WVA are ya in?

'66 lincoln ragtop,
post #9 of 14 Old 09-14-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Everything, just let me know what your needing..

2wld4u

post #10 of 14 Old 09-15-2006, 12:34 AM

s/c motor

well the heads are gone what do you want for the rest?

'66 lincoln ragtop,
post #11 of 14 Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

well, Im not sure what any of its worth, doesnt matter though, if you make resonable offers I will sell the parts, and I will keep in mind the shipping, so I am willing to adjust the price so with shipping you'll get a deal.. I recently priced the supercharger for 200$ plus shipping, whitch I think is a fair deal, if thats to high let me know, Im just trying to recoupe some of the investment in the car..

Id like to just trade it for a older mustang like a 84 to 86 LX Notch or even a hatchback.. something thats in decent shape, I have a 4" cowl hood for that model year is the reason...

and YES I will take pics of the parts, Ive been busy lately and havent had the chance but I will post pics of this beast soon..

2wld4u

post #12 of 14 Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plstktnkr2
actually wanted whole motor, blower and all . what parts are you selling of this motor? besides the shortblock? what part of WVA are ya in?

Im in the southern part of WV, Near Lewisburg

2wld4u

post #13 of 14 Old 09-15-2006, 08:12 PM

well first off there will be no shipping .I am prepared to come get it. as far as price, I bought my last supercoupe motor- oil pan to blower plus intercooler and tubes with radiator. also wire harnesses from whole car for 400 bucks. this was an '89 with a rod knock

'66 lincoln ragtop,
post #14 of 14 Old 09-16-2006, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plstktnkr2
well first off there will be no shipping .I am prepared to come get it. as far as price, I bought my last supercoupe motor- oil pan to blower plus intercooler and tubes with radiator. also wire harnesses from whole car for 400 bucks. this was an '89 with a rod knock

No problem, Im sending you a PM...

2wld4u

Sponsored Links
Advertisement