A/C delete on the V6 ... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
A/C delete on the V6 ...

Is anyone running a '96/'98 V6 w/the A/C removed? What belt did you use? Also, how did you thread it thru the remaining pulleys & tensioners?

'98 GT equipped w/Koni, Eibach, Cobra R rims w/Yokohama tires, Cobra brakes all around & 3.73 gears. Also a Boss330 4.6 Cobra block w/PI heads & stuff from Accufab, ARP, Centerforce, Comp Cams, Fidanza, K&N, Mahle, Manley & Borla exhaust w/Mac Pro Chamber thrown in for grins & giggles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
there is an actually delete pulley..i have one on my 99 u use ur stock belt ..dont need a new belt

post #3 of 6 Old 09-04-2006, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up A/C Delete on the V6 ...

I didn't think to check that as the '98 Mustang had A/C as std (not an option). However, I see that the '96 & '97 Mustangs list A/C as an option. Good to know. Will check that out. THANK YOU!!!

'98 GT equipped w/Koni, Eibach, Cobra R rims w/Yokohama tires, Cobra brakes all around & 3.73 gears. Also a Boss330 4.6 Cobra block w/PI heads & stuff from Accufab, ARP, Centerforce, Comp Cams, Fidanza, K&N, Mahle, Manley & Borla exhaust w/Mac Pro Chamber thrown in for grins & giggles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-04-2006, 05:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
here is the part number. E9sE-19A216-CA now those are either 1's or I's to dirty to read.lol
post #5 of 6 Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (22)
Just bypassing the a/c comp, you can used a 92" belt, I believe. Then I switch to smaller crank pulley now i'm running a 64" belt.

You have to route it over the idler pulley with the ribs facing/on the pulley.

Works great for me.Only reason I did this is cause I have an electrical short on the a/c.

1994 Mustang GT
-Saleen Kit
-Stock 302 with Explorer Intakes, E303, Tune, LTs, Spintechs, O/R X-Pipe, 3.73s and a few things more.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

A/C Delete on the V6 ...

Thanks to all for the help. The FoMoCo p/n for the A/C delete pulley & bracket is E9SZ-8678-C. This p/n is for the '96/'98 V6. It may also fit the '94/'95 V6, but am not sure. As an FYI ... the V6 A/C delete pulley/bracket weighs only 1 lb 12 oz.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement