where can i get a V6 stroker kit? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-24-2006, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
where can i get a V6 stroker kit?

i've never owned a V6 mustang until now but i picked up a 95 in immaculate condition, but needs the shortblock rebuilt now my question is where or who can i purchase a stroker kit for this car at?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-24-2006, 09:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
try Super six motorsports or Delk Performance

But if its a 95 and you want to stay v6 you should think about a splitport(99-04) motor.

Stan

post #3 of 13 Old 06-24-2006, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

why? enlighten me, i dont know jack about the v6 motors, fill me in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 12:07 AM

ok...

the 3.8 liters in 94-98 mustangs made 145 hp stock

The V6's in 99-04 mustangs made 190 hp mostly due to improved heads and intakes.

You can stroke either motor by replacing the crank with a crank from a 4.2liter motor typically used in the f-150.

There are other differances including a returnless fuel system but it is possible to drop an updated motor in a 95 car.

Try visiting www.v6power.net for details. We have turbo and blower cars making from 300 to 500hp.

Stan
post #5 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

ok cool, im not looking for gobs of power, i was planning on stroking the 95 motor, porting the heads, adding a cam and abit of nitrous, something simple, its not my ride, it was purchased for my wife.... i just didn't wanna go out and drop a v8 in it, i could but i'd rather not, i want something unique
post #6 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Convertible
try Super six motorsports or Delk Performance

But if its a 95 and you want to stay v6 you should think about a splitport(99-04) motor.

Stan
Supersixmotorsports is your best bet in my opinion, I've delt with them when I owned a v6, good people

2001 GT Vert
Triple Black
Black with Black Top, with Black Leather
post #7 of 13 Old 06-26-2006, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

wow, expensive.....im starting to change my mind.....

2012 GB A6 GT
post #8 of 13 Old 06-28-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayed_pony
wow, expensive.....im starting to change my mind.....
dont start modding a V6, dumbass..its slow...and your going to have to dish out some coin to even make it run in the 13s...or you can just buy a V8 stang to begin with, dont be a peasant
post #9 of 13 Old 06-28-2006, 10:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88redlx
dont start modding a V6, dumbass..its slow...and your going to have to dish out some coin to even make it run in the 13s...or you can just buy a V8 stang to begin with, dont be a peasant
haha don't be ignorent, if he want to mod the v6 let him. no reason to be rude about it.

Corral Elite Member #3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Parting out 95 coupe red/black, also 94 coupe green/gray and black.Contact Me
post #10 of 13 Old 06-28-2006, 10:43 PM

also if you want a healty cheap combo, try to find a 97+4.2 engine from an f150 or e150, it comes with the better designed splitport heads and intake, you'll have to find a mustang upper to fit under the hood(got a few if you do end up going this route) the whole thing could be done for under a $1000 and will make that lil 95 atleast a 14 sec car.

Corral Elite Member #3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #11 of 13 Old 07-01-2006, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88redlx
pump ur brakes partner, i dont recall calling you any names, but then again, everyone is a badass behind a computer screen

2012 GB A6 GT
post #12 of 13 Old 07-01-2006, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprman
also if you want a healty cheap combo, try to find a 97+4.2 engine from an f150 or e150, it comes with the better designed splitport heads and intake, you'll have to find a mustang upper to fit under the hood(got a few if you do end up going this route) the whole thing could be done for under a $1000 and will make that lil 95 atleast a 14 sec car.
well i was thinking of doing a stroker, with some decent compression and a bit of nitrous, but itmay end up being a costly rebuild....

2012 GB A6 GT
post #13 of 13 Old 07-02-2006, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayed_pony
well i was thinking of doing a stroker, with some decent compression and a bit of nitrous, but itmay end up being a costly rebuild....

well my v6 has a 4.3 SSM 4.3 10.1:1 stroker, super heads, and supporting hardware, i plan to run it as a NA/N20 combo and daily drive it.

before i got my new job i planned on a stock 4.2 block, stock splitport heads, a custom cam, and ported intakes and through upto a 125 shot on her.

the spilt port heads found on 99-04 mustangs flow really well from the factory and with only a cam and some bolt ons is good for 200+ hp at the wheels add the 4.2 bottem end and that near 225+ hp at the wheels, add upto a 125 shot and you could have quite a fun car

unlike the 5.0's 125 is about all our pistons can handle, this is why i went with forged internals and the SSM 4.3, as i plan on running upto a 250 shot.

if you need anymor help don't hesitate to ask, or check out v6power.net, lot of good info there and quite a few guys with some fast 6ers, one in the nines a few in the tens, not bad for having practically no aftermarket and no aftermarket heads or intakes or anything!

Corral Elite Member #3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement