wife just bought a 03 v-6 funky brakes - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-21-2006, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
wife just bought a 03 v-6 funky brakes

Need help on this one fellas. Wife just bought an 03 with ABS and traction control. Problem is the brake pedal feels really soft and squishy. Doesn't seem to be any air in the lines and I just replaced the fluid with fresh fluid. Did not let the MC go dry either it stayed about 3/4 of an inch below the max mark. We put new rotors on because ford machined the old ones before she bought the car. Rear brakes look fine. Thinking about investing in the Speedi Bleed brake tool. Anyone ever use this, and if so what do you think. Any help or advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

-03 Mustang V6, 04 Focus SVT, 00 Ranger 2.5-
"They may not be the absolute best of the breed but at least they are still part of the herd."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-21-2006, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Just curious should I be bleeding the brakes while the engine is running??? One place I read says yes the other says no.... thanks again fellas

"They may not be the absolute best of the breed but at least they are still part of the herd."
post #3 of 8 Old 04-21-2006, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc450
Just curious should I be bleeding the brakes while the engine is running??? One place I read says yes the other says no.... thanks again fellas
No need to have it running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 AM

Your ABS light isn't on after startup is it? ABS is a wacky system and did some locked up a wheel once on his truck.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-21-2006, 03:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
ABS sucks on our cars. mine is the same way no air is in the system they are just really spongy i found SS front brake lines helped alot but its still spongy. my friend had the same year as me a 99 and no ABS and damn it had great pedal strength
post #6 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Well, there is no abs light while the car is running. Another question though, should the ignition be in the on but not starting position? I've heard yes and no on this one also. Oh and I'm buying the brake bleeder from harbor freight it seems like a good kit, you need a compressor to run it though. But should make bleeding brakes on all the cars alot easier, can't wait to use it on the Ranger, focus and the II. Thanks for the advice and anymore anyone can give.

post #7 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 03:22 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Did you bleed the master cylinder after you did all the wheel cylinders?
post #8 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Didn't figure I needed to, mc never went dry always kept fluid in it. I thought maybe before she bought it the dealer may have f'd up something and am seriously thinking about doing the mc too. Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Advertisement