1996 MUStang V6 throttle linkage / accelerator cable adjustment - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1996 MUStang V6 throttle linkage / accelerator cable adjustment

Could someone tell me how to adjust the slack in the accelerator cable? I have about an inch of slack in the cable....i know there should be a little slack, but theres prolly like 7/8ths of an inch there. Do i have to adjust it at the pedal? or can it be done at the throttle body, i tried taking the little clip(for lack of a better term) that connects the cable to the throttle bracket and twisting it thinking it might screw apart so i could drop a little more cable below it to tighten it up, but i couldnt get the clip undone, seems like its one piece.

Sorry if confusing, appretiate any responses.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-29-2006, 01:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
You can adjust it by pulling up the pedal and placing something over the part of the pedal that touches the cable (get under the dash and fool around with the gas pedal, you'll see what I'm talking about). I used a 3/4" nylon spacer. Some people just use part of a bic pen.

It's really easy. Just get under the dash and lift up the gas pedal. You'll see the space it creates between the pedal and the end of the throttle linkage. That's the space you need to put a spacer on

2002 Mineral grey GT 5 speed. Flowmaster 40's catback, Mach 1 grille delete, timing advance, push button starter, Bullitt pedals, FR500 steering wheel, K&N FIPK, Self ported upper intake w/ spacer, Pioneer Avic D3, MGW shifter, MM FL subframe connectors, Mach 1 springs, Bilstein HD struts/springs
post #3 of 3 Old 04-20-2006, 12:09 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
probably just need to replace it i had the same probably ive got a 95 v6 wit a 97 motor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement