Ford Mustang Forums banner

Mustang V6 Headers ...

894 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Cougarstang 
#1 ·
Does anyone besides Mac make long tube headers for the '96/'98 Mustang V6?:confused:

#2 ·
Nope, unfortunately. While the Mac LTs are crappy material and finish, at least they are well designed functionally. Primaries are the right length and the bends are smooth. If your seriously looking for a better LT header, Buy the Mac units and spend the money to have them Jet-Hot coated. (make sure you get the inside coated too as most rust from the inside out)

#3 ·
The stock headers are a good unit unless your really pushing some seriouls horsepower out of you V6 DON'T WASTE YOUR $. The stock short tube headers are good up to like 275-300hp any higher and yes you would want long tubes. Don't get shorty headers either. Shorty = complete waste!

#4 ·
3.8ICEMAN said:
The stock headers are a good unit unless your really pushing some seriouls horsepower out of you V6 DON'T WASTE YOUR $. The stock short tube headers are good up to like 275-300hp any higher and yes you would want long tubes. Don't get shorty headers either. Shorty = complete waste!
I agree. The stock 94-98 v6 headers and 99-04 manifolds flow remarkably well. Not worth upgrading until you're running some serious power

#5 ·
Cougarstang said:
Not worth upgrading until you're running some serious power
Thanks I guess its time for me to upgrade then! lol Ok sorry I had to.

#6 ·
v6stang95 said:
Thanks I guess its time for me to upgrade then! lol Ok sorry I had to.
lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.