V6 Dual Exhaust ... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-01-2006, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
V6 Dual Exhaust ...

Has anyone ever seen QUANTIFIED results on running a true dual exhuast (as on the GT) on a '94/'98 Mustang V6? In other words, real dyno numbers (either engine or chassis)? If the V6 is only putting out about 200hp, would I just be better off running an effecient single exhaust?

'98 GT equipped w/Koni, Eibach, Cobra R rims w/Yokohama tires, Cobra brakes all around & 3.73 gears. Also a Boss330 4.6 Cobra block w/PI heads & stuff from Accufab, ARP, Centerforce, Comp Cams, Fidanza, K&N, Mahle, Manley & Borla exhaust w/Mac Pro Chamber thrown in for grins & giggles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-03-2006, 01:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
5.0 mustang and fast fords did a bolt on test for a 99+ 3.8 mustang. I have the issue somewhere, but can't seem to find it.

If I remember correctly though, the true dual exhaust system gave about 6-8rwhp.

I wouldn't go the single exhaust route, simply because it just doesn't look as cool

2002 Mineral grey GT 5 speed. Flowmaster 40's catback, Mach 1 grille delete, timing advance, push button starter, Bullitt pedals, FR500 steering wheel, K&N FIPK, Self ported upper intake w/ spacer, Pioneer Avic D3, MGW shifter, MM FL subframe connectors, Mach 1 springs, Bilstein HD struts/springs
post #3 of 5 Old 03-09-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer
Has anyone ever seen QUANTIFIED results on running a true dual exhuast (as on the GT) on a '94/'98 Mustang V6? In other words, real dyno numbers (either engine or chassis)? If the V6 is only putting out about 200hp, would I just be better off running an effecient single exhaust?
Like cougarstang said they did a test which I think was a 7rwhp increase, but cant remember exactly. I wouldn't stay with a single exhaust setup unless you had a turbo

If you dont have emissions in your area go with a catless Mac H, or Pypes X and use a GT takeoff catback. Dont forget you'll need a passenger side hanger for the muffler/tip if you are going to have tailpipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-12-2006, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6stang95
Dont forget you'll need a passenger side hanger for the muffler/tip if you are going to have tailpipes.
definetly dont forget that hanger. the people i bought my car from ran duels on it and didnt put that hanger their, needless to say after about a month the car had an exhaust leak. muffler shop said no big deal. to days later i was driving down the road, heard a clunk and then a hell of a loud noise. the weight of the exhaust had pulled the collector right off of the factory headers.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-12-2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer
200hp? Out of a 94/98? No...try about 140-150.

As far as what exhaust, go with what looks good, sounds decent, and is at a good price. On an otherwise stock vehicle, the most you're going to get combined out of bolt-ons is about 15rwhp. You're not going to see anything significant for the money unless you start massaging the intakes and heads, or go with some sort of a power adder. Like all things, the sum of the parts is greater than the individual accomplishments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement