im trying to take off the fuel rail - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-09-2006, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
im trying to take off the fuel rail

wuz up
ok im taking off my heads,and im trying to take off the fuel rail.what im haveing a hard time with is .
1 how do i get the line off the rail
2 do you have to use a tool
3 what dose it look like
4 what part of the line is it that comes off

i have a 98 mustang 3.8L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
wuz up
ok im taking off my heads,and im trying to take off the fuel rail.what im haveing a hard time with is .
1 how do i get the line off the rail
2 do you have to use a tool
3 what dose it look like
4 what part of the line is it that comes off

i have a 98 mustang 3.8L
Look over at the passenger side and you'll see two wierd looking connectors. You'll need to buy a fuel rail/ac disconnector tool that you can get from your local auto parts store. You dont need to take the fuel rail off completely unless your replacing it. You can just move it out of the way. Sometimes its a pain to take off even with the tool.

post #3 of 8 Old 03-08-2006, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6stang95
You dont need to take the fuel rail off completely unless your replacing it. You can just move it out of the way.
I need to take my heads off for head gasket replacement. I don't have to disconnect the fuel rail, right? Do the injectors stay connected to the fuel rail or should the fuel rail be removed then pull the injectors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-08-2006, 03:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I just did a head gasket job with my dad on a 93 3.8 cougar

We took off the fuel rail and popped out all of the injectors. You'll basically be stripping the engine down to the block. I'm actually not sure if you can get around not taking the fuel rail completely off

2002 Mineral grey GT 5 speed. Flowmaster 40's catback, Mach 1 grille delete, timing advance, push button starter, Bullitt pedals, FR500 steering wheel, K&N FIPK, Self ported upper intake w/ spacer, Pioneer Avic D3, MGW shifter, MM FL subframe connectors, Mach 1 springs, Bilstein HD struts/springs
post #5 of 8 Old 03-09-2006, 04:15 PM

There's no reason for you to have to take out the injectors, and unhook the fuel rail on a mustang especially 94-98. If you do take off the injectors be ready to leak a little bit of gas everywhere even though you might have already disconnected the fuel cutoff. Good luck with those headers though. Your going to be pissed after trying to get those headers back on the heads again.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6stang95
There's no reason for you to have to take out the injectors, and unhook the fuel rail on a mustang especially 94-98. If you do take off the injectors be ready to leak a little bit of gas everywhere even though you might have already disconnected the fuel cutoff. Good luck with those headers though. Your going to be pissed after trying to get those headers back on the heads again.
I'm not following you here. It looks like the injectors are in the heads? I was hoping to leave the rubber fuel lines connected and just remove the fuel rail/injectors and lay them to the side...
post #7 of 8 Old 03-21-2006, 04:09 AM

fuel rail disconnect tool can be purchased at any auto parts stores. seems like i paid 5 or 6 bucks with a package that had 6 or so of them.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-22-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0HO
I'm not following you here. It looks like the injectors are in the heads? I was hoping to leave the rubber fuel lines connected and just remove the fuel rail/injectors and lay them to the side...
I thought you meant taking the injectors out or 'off' of the fuel rail. Yea just give those suckers one little tug and you'll get em out of the head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement