Got a supercharger for V6 engine and.. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-08-2006, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (25)
Got a supercharger for V6 engine and..

Dont know if I should use it or what. Has anyone got a set up with this? Its the factory Ford supercharger for 3.8 engine out of Thunderbird Super Coupe and I have everything here to go with it. Thanks for any help/.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-08-2006, 06:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
From what I heard in passing threads back in the day, there's alot more that you have to swap over to get it to work correctly

Don't forget though, the supercoupe's 3.8 had forged internals, the stock mustang's does not

2002 Mineral grey GT 5 speed. Flowmaster 40's catback, Mach 1 grille delete, timing advance, push button starter, Bullitt pedals, FR500 steering wheel, K&N FIPK, Self ported upper intake w/ spacer, Pioneer Avic D3, MGW shifter, MM FL subframe connectors, Mach 1 springs, Bilstein HD struts/springs
post #3 of 9 Old 02-08-2006, 09:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
only the sc rods were forged and even then they still bent due to the high tq in higher hp cars. if u have a 94-98 v6 it will work no probs just need to swap alot of parts if u have the engine its even better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-09-2006, 10:47 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
It would be far cheaper to swap a supercoupe engine than to try to make it work on a mustang 3.8.

Sell it to someone else and buy a vortech

Stan
post #5 of 9 Old 02-09-2006, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (25)
Yeah I have the whole SuperCoupe engine here.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 TurboCoupe
Dont know if I should use it or what. Has anyone got a set up with this? Its the factory Ford supercharger for 3.8 engine out of Thunderbird Super Coupe and I have everything here to go with it. Thanks for any help/.
its been, done. i did the swap with my supercoupe blower and put it on my 5.0L.

you can check out my thread here: https://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=752515

Also, check out www.sccoa.com (these guys are great when it comes to supercoupe related modifications!!!)

- Jim
87 Hatch.
5.0L w/S-Trim + supporting parts
post #7 of 9 Old 02-10-2006, 12:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingpony
only the sc rods were forged and even then they still bent due to the high tq in higher hp cars.
Good call . I didn't know that. I thought the crank was forged

2002 Mineral grey GT 5 speed. Flowmaster 40's catback, Mach 1 grille delete, timing advance, push button starter, Bullitt pedals, FR500 steering wheel, K&N FIPK, Self ported upper intake w/ spacer, Pioneer Avic D3, MGW shifter, MM FL subframe connectors, Mach 1 springs, Bilstein HD struts/springs
post #8 of 9 Old 02-16-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarstang
Good call . I didn't know that. I thought the crank was forged
It is. Except for the very early one's which I dont know how many, if any, made it out to the public.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-19-2006, 07:42 PM

89's had cast cranks. Shortly after Ford went with a forged crank. As far as the rods being forged, uhhh, no. The pistons were Hypers.
Guys on the SCCOA are running over 400 at the wheels on stock bottom ends and so far they have been holding up. Granted most of our cars are getting older, so it doesn't quite help things when you modify the motor and expect it to perform.
I would suggest if you want to know more about the 3.8 that the SC offers, it may pay to visit the SC sccoa. Good luck

BTW, I have 2.3 Whipple made for the SC. To my knowledge it the last running 2.3 around that was made custom for the car. Originally there was only 3.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line.
Skip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement