1994 V6 & 1996 V6 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-12-2006, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1994 V6 & 1996 V6

I own a 1994 V6 3.8L AODE Mustang. I got in a low speed head collision which has bent a ****load of components and it's not worth the money to fix. Although I just had the aluminum heads heliarched polished shaved and new valve guides put in. New gaskets from the heads up, new radiator & thermostat, new rack & pinion, new transmission + torque converter, the list goes on

Knowing that I can only get about $500 off this wrecked v6, I'm going to look into buying a 1996 v6 3.8L 5 speed with a blown headgasket and rod and attempt to do a motor swap, then sell the 1996 and junk my 94 for parts.

My questions are:
Any difference between the 94 and 96 mustangs internally?
Do they use the same wiring harness?
Same motor mounts?
Will the 3.8L from the 94 AODE line right up to the 5 speed tranny with the same motor mounts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-17-2006, 08:08 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
the 94's engine should line up as long as you use the motor mounts for 1996. 94-95 had the same K-member as a 5.0, and then they changed to accomodate the 4.6 in 1996.
The engines should be identical, but someone should check me on that.
I would advise you to buy some new motor mounts while it's out. also, don't reuse the factory(?) clutch off the 96.

-Tom

No.. I'm not "Fast."
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkurls1 View Post
Simply awesome! Its like you came down from forum mountain with two stone tablets...
post #3 of 6 Old 01-17-2006, 01:09 PM

The water pumps are a smidge different, as you will have to re-use the hoses for the 96 instead of the 94.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-17-2006, 09:53 PM

I would sell both motors and drop in a 99+ v6 for an additional 40 horsepower.

Split port is the way to go.

Stan
post #5 of 6 Old 02-11-2006, 05:12 PM

Garage
i have a 97 v6 motor in my 95 mine bolted up just fine and the 99 motors arn't that great i eat that year up pretty bad got a car length last time i raced one if i was going to go that far i would either go to supersixmotorsports and get a motor from them or get a 05 v6 which is probably going to be expensive so probably just keep what u have also tom is right i would get an aftermarket clutch

Last edited by 95stangs; 02-11-2006 at 05:15 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-16-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95stangs
i have a 97 v6 motor in my 95 mine bolted up just fine and the 99 motors arn't that great i eat that year up pretty bad got a car length last time i raced one if i was going to go that far i would either go to supersixmotorsports and get a motor from them or get a 05 v6 which is probably going to be expensive so probably just keep what u have also tom is right i would get an aftermarket clutch
Do I know you? You hang around with Kyle, Mike, Brandy, Eric any other than over at the shop? I would have to say though stock the 99-04 would beat a 94-98 of rourse unless the person in the 99-04 couldn't drive at all. You may win from a stop...may because of the better tq of the single port.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement