overheat - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-02-2006, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
overheat

95 v6 keeps overheating changed headgasket and will go from cold to extremely hot in like 15 min any ideas? new water pump and rad thermostat heat is cold but i have thermo out and it still gets hot. could it be a blocked passage? when put new gasket on put FRONT toward rad cant think of what i did unless the heater core may be blocked but would that cause it to heat up like it is. ran it for while with no cap on rad pretty sure all air is out is there a better way to check and purge air? thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-02-2006, 11:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
The radiator cap is not the highest point in the cooling system. It is the hex shaped fitting on the front of the lower intake, right behind the thermostat. It also has a hose or 2 running to it. There is a 12? or 13 mm headed bolt in the top of this fitting. It should also have a white plastic, disc shaped piece under the bolt. This is where to add the last of the water. I hope that is the only problem.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-2006, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
ok so do i just remove that as if it was the rad cap let it get warm and then add the water through the top. i know what you are talking about i had to remove it in order to drain the coolant. is there anytthing else i should do? will a blocked heater core cause it to overheat suddenly like it is now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-03-2006, 11:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Get it full cold, when the motor is warmed up, use the pipe to "burp" any trapped air out of the system. If water comes out, it's full. I don't think the heater core would cause the engine to overheat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement