How are 6's when it comes to FI??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-28-2005, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
How are 6's when it comes to FI???

Im gonna sell my car and I am making a good amount of money right now so I have a lot of options opened right now. My car is worth about 8k right now. Im thinking about doing the 5.0 thing like I did before but 5.0's are old news. And I don't want just another 99+ GT/cobra or mach 1. What Im thinking about is getting a 99+ v6 5spd and then getting forged internals along with a turbo or blower running 9-12 psi. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about this. This is the first time I have ever thought about a v6. It would just be nice to not be "another mustang" like my '99 gt, '98 cobra and my '92 5.0. Im sold my 92 and I am about to sell my '99 cougar with the 3.0L svt engine.

Im not really sure what to ask so I'll let you guys tell me whatever ya want. Like how much will it cost, and how easy will it be and all. Also if anyone has done it how much power will they make? I know I've seen one that was fast as hell on like 9psi but it wasn't built so it blew up. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

she sells sea shells by the sea shore....

If America were a man he'd be a used car salesman with a flamethrower....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-28-2005, 10:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
check out v6power.net.. justin has a junkyard 99 block in his auto running his own tt setup over 450rwhp. matt has a turbo setup built up engine ect running almost 600rwhp.

post #3 of 8 Old 12-29-2005, 08:36 AM

Like Flamin said. You can go to www.TmaTurbo.com and see the kits Andy makes which is the only turbo kit made and sold for the v6 stang. The 99-04 turbo stangs are nasty! I dont even know if anyone's actually done anything to the motor of their split-port turbo cars. I'd like to see what #'s that would put out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-29-2005, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingpony
check out v6power.net.. justin has a junkyard 99 block in his auto running his own tt setup over 450rwhp. matt has a turbo setup built up engine ect running almost 600rwhp.
I'll second that. The guys at v6power.net can tell you everything you need to know about turning a v6 Mustang into a beast.

Mark
------------------------
2000 Mustang -- Bright Atlantic Blue
------------------------
post #5 of 8 Old 12-29-2005, 04:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
The essex block can take a surprising amount of punch. I'll third that motion to go to v6power.net. You'll find all of your info there

There's also a "power adders" section on the 3.8mustang.com forums with some good info

2002 Mineral grey GT 5 speed. Flowmaster 40's catback, Mach 1 grille delete, timing advance, push button starter, Bullitt pedals, FR500 steering wheel, K&N FIPK, Self ported upper intake w/ spacer, Pioneer Avic D3, MGW shifter, MM FL subframe connectors, Mach 1 springs, Bilstein HD struts/springs
post #6 of 8 Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarstang
The essex block can take a surprising amount of punch. I'll third that motion to go to v6power.net. You'll find all of your info there

There's also a "power adders" section on the 3.8mustang.com forums with some good info

Ok I'll try that out. So are 99+ mustang engines worse than the 94-98? Because I already have a black 98 auto. I just thought have the extra 40 hp would help out. So no one really does anything with the 99+ stangs yet? Ill check out v6power.net right away because I am about to buy a 94 LT1 pos. And I'd like to get a v6. Will I basically be screwed since I don't know **** about v6 stangs? Hopefully not because I haven't even changed the air filter on my 98 and I've had it for 7 years Thanks

she sells sea shells by the sea shore....

If America were a man he'd be a used car salesman with a flamethrower....
post #7 of 8 Old 12-30-2005, 04:28 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb26dett32
Ok I'll try that out. So are 99+ mustang engines worse than the 94-98? Because I already have a black 98 auto. I just thought have the extra 40 hp would help out. So no one really does anything with the 99+ stangs yet? Ill check out v6power.net right away because I am about to buy a 94 LT1 pos. And I'd like to get a v6. Will I basically be screwed since I don't know **** about v6 stangs? Hopefully not because I haven't even changed the air filter on my 98 and I've had it for 7 years Thanks
I have a 97 that is supercharged. Current numbers are in my sig. I am having a new forged motor built though with a bigger cam and better flowing heads. That should put me around 375 to the wheels.

Typical 97 vert with 8-point roll bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-01-2006, 04:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb26dett32
No not at all really. There has been no real end to the debate over which is better to build up: a 94-98 or 99-04 3.8 mustang. Depending on which route you choose and how much cash you have, neither is "worse" per se. I personally favor the 99-04 v6's because in stock form they're much better, with much nicer flowing heads and a split port intake design (naturally accounting for a majority of the 40 extra hp). Otherwise they're pretty much the same engine, with a few other minor changes

Actually, I see no reason for the 94-98 v6 being any better than the 99-04. Both can dish out more or less the same if you build them up.

2002 Mineral grey GT 5 speed. Flowmaster 40's catback, Mach 1 grille delete, timing advance, push button starter, Bullitt pedals, FR500 steering wheel, K&N FIPK, Self ported upper intake w/ spacer, Pioneer Avic D3, MGW shifter, MM FL subframe connectors, Mach 1 springs, Bilstein HD struts/springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement