2000 V6 Transmission Problems
My wife called me today saying that she couldn't get her car to go from fourth gear to third gear that the shifter was "stuck." She finally was able to get the car to go into third gear, but then it wouldn't go to first or second gear at all. She coasted to a stop and at a stop sign was able to get the car to go back into first gear, second, and so forth until she reached her destination. The car has not been grinding any gears and she said the clutch feels normal to her. She went back out about an hr later and said the car would shift gears normally as if nothing was wrong (car was off.)
Do you guys think the clutch is going? I've never owned a T5 based transmission before so I have no idea where to start troubleshooting the issue. Is this a common problem? Car has 58k.
2000 Performance Red GT Auto to 5spd
/Old Car: 96 Metallic Green Auto GT
- Fordchip Tuned Dyno #'s:407.6 RWHP 386.5 TQ with car seriously de-tuned for "bottom-end" reasons.
- Go-fast mods:Steeda Hood and Wing, Saleen side scoops & front bumper, Stalker sideskirts, FMS "C" Springs 1 Coil cut in the rear, Nitto 555R's(front) & Drag Radials(rear)
- Blower Mods:Vortech JT-Trim, 3.60 RR Pulley (8 psi) 42 lb inj, Lightning 90mm MAF, no powerpipe.
- Tranny & Drivetrain:Tremec TKO 5-speed, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Steeda adj quadrant clutch cable, Spec Stage III clutch, Spec Aluminum Flywheel, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, 4.10 FRPP gears
- Intake & Air:Bullit Intake with a K&N & Pro MAF 77mm (removed), Cold-Air Ind. using a Densecharger
- Misc & Engine:Steeda UnderDrive Pulleys, Steeda Timing Adjuster set back to 10, 180 thermo, Autolite TR764 Coppers, EEC Tuner (Removed) now using Autologic Chip (*ALL REMOVED FOR BLOWER*
- Exhaust:MAC 2.5" Inch Catback with 3.5" Chrome Tips, MAC Longtubes & MAC Off-Hpipe (grins everytime I start the car)
----------Old Auto Tranny Setup---------
TransGO, then PA transbrake valvebody, 3200 lockup Art Carr converter, SVO tranny cooler.
-Special Thanks to David Posea, White99GT (Bill), Cobra Killer (Tim), Jason at Higgins Ford Performance Racing, and Shawn Sullivan.