BBK Full Length Headers/ Springs - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-11-2018, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
BBK Full Length Headers/ Springs

I have some questions for BBK parts in regards to my 2014 Mustang V6 convertible.

First off- Im wanting to get the BBK full length headers for the V6. If I put the BBK lowering springs on the car, will I have ground clearance issues if the car is lowered 1"? Im not sure how low the headers sit compared to the stock exhaust. Or what the collector size is? Secondly is there any fitment issues or leak issues with these headers? My exhaust shop said these headers are not up to snuff in terms of those two issues, yet I see people buying these and not mentioning any problems with them. I will be using the shortened X pipe with cats with those headers. Will I definitely need a tune or can I get away running the stock tune?

As for the BBK springs- they only list them from 2005 to 2010. Will they in fact work on the 2014 or is there an issue with why they don't list them that high? The 11s-up have the newer engines, so not sure if weight is the problem?

My last Mustang - 1981 with 84 351W bored .40, Holley 600cfm vacuum secondaries, Weiand 351 Stealth manifold, 4 speed RUG (3 speed o/d), 8.8 rear with 3.08s, Flowmaster 2 chambers, Crane cam 218/224, Keith Black hypereutectic flat top pistons. Current Mustang: 2014 V6 Convertable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement