mechanics are lying to me - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-10-2013, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
mechanics are lying to me

well, where do i begin?

I keep getting lied to, my car runs fine, NO IT DOESNT, i want to hear everyones input on this v6 non v6 i dont care i really need an answer because i depend on my car.

Yesterday i was sitting in a parking lot waiting for my buddy to get done work, the temperature gauge got really high, so i shut the car off and went to grab something to eat, came back started it up it sputtered and quit running. while i it was sputtering and ready to die the oil gauge was going nuts. Got the car to start and drove it right home the temperature gauge rose as i continued to drive it parked it, havent turned it on since, looked all around the engine bay today and there seems to be coolant laying on the top of the block, near the thermostat housing and by the passenger side injectors.

Can someone tell me what te problem is? and how to adress this? i really hate getting told theres nothing wrong with my car when there is.

Any Help is appreciated i really do not want to get rid of this car, but its looking like i have too. Thanks a lot Shawn.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
What year is your car?

T-Moss Porting "ROCKS"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
+1^^^^^^^^^

98 GT 5-speed w/Teksid "RB'er" +.20 w/coyote rods, 11.7:1CR w/ MHS stageIII's & 3.5 cam, MAC LT's & Pro Chamber, BBK75mm w/C&L, 24#inj., JLT, LMAF, 4:10's, SCT Tuning by:FAST SPECIALTIES, Latest HP/TQ #'s (324/338) 1/4 mi.= ( soon ) ........ENGINE ! ENGINE ! It's an Engine....Motors are electric!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
Look at your coolant, is there oil in it? (You'll see a rainbow effect on the top of it. Its called a sheen)
is the coolant really low?

now check the oil.
is it looking like chocolate milk?
Or is the level really high with water/coolant on the bottom?

having oil in the coolant, really low coolant or coolant in the oil scream head gasket. Something a lot of us would fix ourselves.
Depending on the year and value depends on where you go from here.

It also could be a thermostat or water pump.

Keep
It
Simple
Silly

don't go crazy, troubleshoot it methodically. look at the symptoms and investigate 1 thing at a time until you find the thing that is wrong. Doing things this way will save a lot of money.... I have spent thousands throwing parts at problems over the years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement