desperate - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
desperate

The other day my ABS light came on, then the traction light and also the right turnsignal comes on steady on the dash. (If I use the signal it flashes fast on the right, normal on the left and all bulbs are working. If I clear the codes, even though it shows none, it will work fine from Key off to start, until I use the headlights or heater.) BUT, only when I turn on my headlights OR turn on my heater <???> and when my headlights are on, the Passenger side headlight is really dim. When this happens, when I push the headlight button in, the headlights stay on but really dim <??> and won't go off until I turn the key off? I even took out the headlight bulb and turnsignal bulb on passenger side, same thing, so no short at bulbs I guess.
I am really stumped here everyone. Also when this happens if I stop the car, put it in park and turn it off, the headlights stay on and it makes a 'bumping' sound near my CAI???

I know I could have a ABS problem, but what would cause the electrical nightmare that it affects my headlight?
If I am running without headlights and turn on the heater I get this also. If I am not running anything, lights, heater, etc. It acts fine. I checked the battery its 12.96 and 14.46 when running. When I put on the headlights, it only drops (at battery) to 14.25???

Now if I run heater and lights I get odd OB2 codes, fuel pump module out, etc. hardly ever the same ones twice…? and then tries to shut down??

All ideas appreciated.

2004 V6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
It might be a bad (shorted) battery. Is it original to the car? If so, it's probably due. Can you swap batteries temporarily with another car?

post #3 of 5 Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Mazza View Post
It might be a bad (shorted) battery. Is it original to the car? If so, it's probably due. Can you swap batteries temporarily with another car?
No, only car I got (of course)
However, I *may* have found the culprit. I was searching all over the 'net and someone mentioned the ground point near the ABS. So I looked (near the hood prop rod above the pass headlight) and sure enough it was loose. So I cranked it down and did a few test fires and all seems good (fingers crossed) I WILL let you know if this is it. It will also help other people like myself in a jam if they search and see this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

So far so good. I tightened the ground near the hood prop rod and all seems golden. Wish me luck I will report back next week.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Okay, apparently this was the issue. Please close the thread but leave it in the forum so someone else can benefit from it.

Thanks all,
GR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement