3.8 split port swap help - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
3.8 split port swap help

ok guys ive got the motor in and have had it running for a while my problem is the fuel.

i modded the fuel rail to be return style like i needed but the damn thing keeps leaking where i put hose and clamps on it. i know someone used to make these things and it isnt too hard to do but in my sourcing of fuel rails i stumbled upon the e150 and f150 fuel rail and was led to believe one from a 97-99 would fit no problems and work no problems.

this is unfortunately a lie. only 2 bolt holes actually lined up not a big deal that can be fixed nd then the manifold hits the return line so i modified that it fit after that then with the manifold on it makes the injectors sit at a weird angle and the leak from the tops. so that rail comes off old moded one goes back on fixed leaking hose and changed the fpr setup but it still leaks.

anyone have any ideas how to make this thing not leak its irritating. ive attempted to fix it several times and for a bit it runs fine then starts leaking.

any help is greatly appreciatted.

james

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2011, 02:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (173)
Did you use the special fuel line clamps? They tighten different and more evenly than standard hose clamps. I don't remember exactly what the difference was.

post #3 of 4 Old 07-23-2011, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

yea i got the fuel line clamps for efi. i dont know why but they dont seem to tighten down enough. it always starts as a drip then gets worse over the course of a few days. im still trying to source the right rail that i dont have to mod but i cant seem to find it or maybe buy one from someone who makes them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-26-2011, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

i got it fixed. turns out advanced auto sells this lovely product called goop that is fuel resistant put some of that on each rail piece and put the line on and put on new smaller clamps and she doesnt leak a drop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement