2002 Mustang V6 Missing - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-15-2010, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
2002 Mustang V6 Missing

Recently I have been having this problem with my car were it misses (bad) during acceleration. I have to accelerate slowly in order for the car not to do it. This has happened only in the last few days. The car also started to squeak the same time it started to miss. The noise is coming from the front of the engine. Almost as if it was the belt, but that looks to be in good shape. I checked all the pulleys and they seem to be good. I was looking online and found that the noise could be caused by the camshaft synchronizer? Would that cause the engine to miss also? Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-19-2010, 02:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art882000 View Post
Recently I have been having this problem with my car were it misses (bad) during acceleration. I have to accelerate slowly in order for the car not to do it. This has happened only in the last few days. The car also started to squeak the same time it started to miss. The noise is coming from the front of the engine. Almost as if it was the belt, but that looks to be in good shape. I checked all the pulleys and they seem to be good. I was looking online and found that the noise could be caused by the camshaft synchronizer? Would that cause the engine to miss also? Any help is appreciated.
yes it could but you would most likely also have a CE light on ? is it on ?

post #3 of 5 Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. No, my CE light isn't on. I tested for any error codes and it's not throwing anything out. I thought the same. If it was the synchronizer or sensor it should be giving me an code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Banned by Corral for my own good, not for bad behavior.

And if it were spark plug/plug wire (or whatever you have) related it too should be throwing a code, but it doesn't mean it will. Try replacing the plugs and wires to see if that doesn't do anything. I'm almost positive though it will. Also, miles on the engine?
post #5 of 5 Old 12-11-2010, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditched View Post
And if it were spark plug/plug wire (or whatever you have) related it too should be throwing a code, but it doesn't mean it will. Try replacing the plugs and wires to see if that doesn't do anything. I'm almost positive though it will. Also, miles on the engine?
The engine has about 70,000 on it. I replaced the spark plugs a little less then a year ago with Iridium spark plugs. I pulled one of them to check and it looked fine. I have never replaced the wires. Now when I come to a stop (after going about 50 mph) the car stalls. The engine starts to squeak real loud and the RPMs drop real quick. When I go to crank it back up I have to do it a few times before it will start. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement