99-04 V6 driveline in a Fox mustang ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-14-2010, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Lightbulb 99-04 V6 driveline in a Fox mustang ?

I currently own a 1992 - 2.3 Mustang coupe/notch LX 5 spd, It has almost 200K miles on it and well it has sen better days. I like the fuel economy mixed with the Fox looks. Does anyone know if a 99-04 Mustang divetrain: motor/trans/rear will bolt in my fox body mustang ? I could do a V8 5.0 spap but there are too many low mile V6s out there to just say good bye too. If possible I'd like to buy a donor 2004 low mile 5spd V6 and swap motor /trans /rear and breaks, and anything else I may need hence the donor car.

Thanks, in advance, PS I did try searching all over, everything I found was to drop a V8 in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 PM

Take a look at what Super Six Motorsports did to their green car.

They swapped over the electronics and enigne/trans with great success.

There is a guy "Wallace" at V6power that also has swapped over the drivetrain, but he is running on a Megasquirt. He's runnung 9's so I would say it is working.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
As long as you swap over all the electronics, it should work! Take a look at some of the 4.6 swap threads- its similar in what you need to transfer(ECU and harness)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 AM

Yes you can do it there are some small differences like. The rear end width and thingslike tuat but I did a complete swap of a 99 into a 04 which is the same body styke but I swapped eevry damn thing over so your looking at a simular project. You mineswell convert the interior to the more modern one because that is alos possible! As long as you are slightly inclined mechaniclly you will be able to do it but after all that time wasted you mine as well drop the a cobra drive train in there or build a nice v8 and do the ordinary swap and be much happieer with the results. IMO.

1991 Notch 5spd Team Z Everything 205 renegades on 347. Current build
2004 V6 with bolt-ons...everything on this damn thing was bolted on. Supercharged 380/390 SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement