04 V6 supercharger?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 118
04 V6 supercharger??

I've been looking around the internet for a while, and I can't seem to find one.. Anyone know of a good site?

Also, a small update on the 'Stang.
for all the guys from my newbie thread, the tailights are coming off... going to tint my stockers... and no lambo's or bags ..lol i was looking for a GT for a little while but now i'm looking at getting myself a mini truck, so i'll just make the 6banger faster and keep it as my daily.

--lowering springs coming real soon. I believe they are FR B springs [my boyfriend bought them for me lol]

--next i'm going to be looking into a CAI [plastic]

--then looking at changing rear gears.. looking at the 4.10s?? i heard those were best for an automatic [[correct me if wrong??]]

--also looking at the small in-between stuff [spark plugs & wires, etc]

--then hopefully a supercharger or twin turbo kit. i've been told each was better than the other, so what is your opinion?

--thx for all suggestions & help =)

XoStangBabyXo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered User
 
MYLITTLEHO's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (2)
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 6,623
4.10's will give you good acceleration but may not be good if you do a lot of interstate driving (especially if you have a louder exhaust).. plus the 4.10's cause the transmission to build up a lot of heat.. so you would need to get an aftermarket transmission cooler.

I do a ton of interstate driving and with 3.55's the higher RPM's can get annoying especially since I have a loud exhaust.. I used to drive from Baton Rouge to Lafayette all the time in the stang and when I got to Lafayette I was about fed up with driving the car..

fun going from stoplight to stoplight but on the open road tall gears can be annoying.


88 Mustang GT (AOD)(Speed density) **SOLD**
Full exhaust, and 3:55 gears, Homebrew AOD,
Best E.T to date 14.02 @ 98.7
Unofficial Baumann Spokesperson

Last edited by MYLITTLEHO; 02-10-2009 at 05:00 PM.
MYLITTLEHO is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYLITTLEHO View Post
4.10's will give you good acceleration but may not be good if you do a lot of interstate driving (especially if you have a louder exhaust).. plus the 4.10's cause the transmission to build up a lot of heat.. so you would need to get an aftermarket transmission cooler.

I do a ton of interstate driving and with 3.55's the higher RPM's can get annoying especially since I have a loud exhaust.. I used to drive from Baton Rouge to Lafayette all the time in the stang and when I got to Lafayette I was about fed up with driving the car..

fun going from stoplight to stoplight but on the open road tall gears can be annoying.
thx... thing that sucks is i do about 200 miles interstate driving every other weekend to visit my boyfriend... i'll do some extra research and see whats the best way to go..
XoStangBabyXo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 PM
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
I have a 99 auto and i had 3.73 gears and a procharger .if you do alot of highway driving id stay with the stock gears or if u have an 8.8 go with 3.55

I went from city driving 21-22mpg and 28mpg highway

to 18mpg city and 23mpg with the procharger and 3.73 gears i drove alot of highway on my way home from work and tried different things i found if u have a heavy foot with the blower ur lucky to see 17-18mpg highway.

No matter my gas milage i would never trade it for the gearing and blower i had. I loved every min of it.. Now i just finished my custom turbo ill see how milage is now.

By the way Procharger makes a kit and so does vortech.

I would go with a turbo and a good sized single will perform just as good as a twin. unless money isnt an option then id say go for the twin. Just remember with a twin u will need double everyhting. turbo, blow off's ,wastegates,

Here is a link to my build up my friend sprout and i did.

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29671

Last edited by flamingpony; 02-10-2009 at 08:29 PM.
flamingpony is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingpony View Post
I have a 99 auto and i had 3.73 gears and a procharger .if you do alot of highway driving id stay with the stock gears or if u have an 8.8 go with 3.55

I went from city driving 21-22mpg and 28mpg highway

to 18mpg city and 23mpg with the procharger and 3.73 gears i drove alot of highway on my way home from work and tried different things i found if u have a heavy foot with the blower ur lucky to see 17-18mpg highway.

No matter my gas milage i would never trade it for the gearing and blower i had. I loved every min of it.. Now i just finished my custom turbo ill see how milage is now.

By the way Procharger makes a kit and so does vortech.

I would go with a turbo and a good sized single will perform just as good as a twin. unless money isnt an option then id say go for the twin. Just remember with a twin u will need double everyhting. turbo, blow off's ,wastegates,

Here is a link to my build up my friend sprout and i did.

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29671
thx! and sweet job on the build!
XoStangBabyXo is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (59)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: virginia
Posts: 2,964
both are good, turbos have alittle lag before they kick in, supercharger is alittle more instant, but both are good to go with.
prddad1 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 AM
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by prddad1 View Post
both are good, turbos have alittle lag before they kick in, supercharger is alittle more instant, but both are good to go with.
Maybe for a roots style but my procharger didnt kick in till 3k and didnt see full boost till later in the rpms, my turbo a T70 MP with a .68 a/r builds boost well before 3k and i havent gone into anything over 1-2psi so far but i belive ill see full boost before 3500
flamingpony is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Registered User
 
Dutch0001mustang's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 52
you can check out super 6 motorsports, they have a custom split port intake they have made that allows you to bolt up an 03-04 cobra supercharger or a whipple or whatever to your motor. its a pretty sick little set-up but itll cost you a grand.
Dutch0001mustang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome