04 V6 supercharger?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
04 V6 supercharger??

I've been looking around the internet for a while, and I can't seem to find one.. Anyone know of a good site?

Also, a small update on the 'Stang.
for all the guys from my newbie thread, the tailights are coming off... going to tint my stockers... and no lambo's or bags ..lol i was looking for a GT for a little while but now i'm looking at getting myself a mini truck, so i'll just make the 6banger faster and keep it as my daily.

--lowering springs coming real soon. I believe they are FR B springs [my boyfriend bought them for me lol]

--next i'm going to be looking into a CAI [plastic]

--then looking at changing rear gears.. looking at the 4.10s?? i heard those were best for an automatic [[correct me if wrong??]]

--also looking at the small in-between stuff [spark plugs & wires, etc]

--then hopefully a supercharger or twin turbo kit. i've been told each was better than the other, so what is your opinion?

--thx for all suggestions & help =)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 04:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
4.10's will give you good acceleration but may not be good if you do a lot of interstate driving (especially if you have a louder exhaust).. plus the 4.10's cause the transmission to build up a lot of heat.. so you would need to get an aftermarket transmission cooler.

I do a ton of interstate driving and with 3.55's the higher RPM's can get annoying especially since I have a loud exhaust.. I used to drive from Baton Rouge to Lafayette all the time in the stang and when I got to Lafayette I was about fed up with driving the car..

fun going from stoplight to stoplight but on the open road tall gears can be annoying.

88 Mustang GT (AOD)(Speed density) **SOLD**
Full exhaust, and 3:55 gears, Homebrew AOD,
Best E.T to date 14.02 @ 98.7
Unofficial Baumann Spokesperson

Last edited by MYLITTLEHO; 02-10-2009 at 05:00 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYLITTLEHO View Post
4.10's will give you good acceleration but may not be good if you do a lot of interstate driving (especially if you have a louder exhaust).. plus the 4.10's cause the transmission to build up a lot of heat.. so you would need to get an aftermarket transmission cooler.

I do a ton of interstate driving and with 3.55's the higher RPM's can get annoying especially since I have a loud exhaust.. I used to drive from Baton Rouge to Lafayette all the time in the stang and when I got to Lafayette I was about fed up with driving the car..

fun going from stoplight to stoplight but on the open road tall gears can be annoying.
thx... thing that sucks is i do about 200 miles interstate driving every other weekend to visit my boyfriend... i'll do some extra research and see whats the best way to go..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I have a 99 auto and i had 3.73 gears and a procharger .if you do alot of highway driving id stay with the stock gears or if u have an 8.8 go with 3.55

I went from city driving 21-22mpg and 28mpg highway

to 18mpg city and 23mpg with the procharger and 3.73 gears i drove alot of highway on my way home from work and tried different things i found if u have a heavy foot with the blower ur lucky to see 17-18mpg highway.

No matter my gas milage i would never trade it for the gearing and blower i had. I loved every min of it.. Now i just finished my custom turbo ill see how milage is now.

By the way Procharger makes a kit and so does vortech.

I would go with a turbo and a good sized single will perform just as good as a twin. unless money isnt an option then id say go for the twin. Just remember with a twin u will need double everyhting. turbo, blow off's ,wastegates,

Here is a link to my build up my friend sprout and i did.

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29671

Last edited by flamingpony; 02-10-2009 at 08:29 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingpony View Post
I have a 99 auto and i had 3.73 gears and a procharger .if you do alot of highway driving id stay with the stock gears or if u have an 8.8 go with 3.55

I went from city driving 21-22mpg and 28mpg highway

to 18mpg city and 23mpg with the procharger and 3.73 gears i drove alot of highway on my way home from work and tried different things i found if u have a heavy foot with the blower ur lucky to see 17-18mpg highway.

No matter my gas milage i would never trade it for the gearing and blower i had. I loved every min of it.. Now i just finished my custom turbo ill see how milage is now.

By the way Procharger makes a kit and so does vortech.

I would go with a turbo and a good sized single will perform just as good as a twin. unless money isnt an option then id say go for the twin. Just remember with a twin u will need double everyhting. turbo, blow off's ,wastegates,

Here is a link to my build up my friend sprout and i did.

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29671
thx! and sweet job on the build!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 04:00 AM

Trader Feedback: (59)
both are good, turbos have alittle lag before they kick in, supercharger is alittle more instant, but both are good to go with.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prddad1 View Post
both are good, turbos have alittle lag before they kick in, supercharger is alittle more instant, but both are good to go with.
Maybe for a roots style but my procharger didnt kick in till 3k and didnt see full boost till later in the rpms, my turbo a T70 MP with a .68 a/r builds boost well before 3k and i havent gone into anything over 1-2psi so far but i belive ill see full boost before 3500
post #8 of 8 Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
you can check out super 6 motorsports, they have a custom split port intake they have made that allows you to bolt up an 03-04 cobra supercharger or a whipple or whatever to your motor. its a pretty sick little set-up but itll cost you a grand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement