Clutch Cable for V6 Same as V8?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Clutch Cable for V6 Same as V8??

I own a 2000 V6 and I was wondering...if the clutch cable for the V6 is the same as the one for the V8??????
I replaced the clutch a while back and it's worked fine since...but I did not replace the cable at the same time and its getting a bit harder to shift... I am guessing the cable is stretching...... since its the original cable and i just hit 107 000 miles...
Has any one with a v6 replaced the quadrant?

Anyone know where I can get these cables? Thanks guys for any help!!

Last edited by onyxblue 97; 06-12-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-14-2008, 10:11 AM

I use a T5 adjustable cable and FRPP quadrant in my '01 from my '86. Most of the T5 cables will fit if you change the quadrant......

Just get yourself the kit from Jegs or Summit.

'01 V6 5 speed 267rwhp, 385rwtq
'86 GT
'94 V6
post #3 of 4 Old 06-17-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks for the reply ....
I ended up usind a UPR Quadrant cable and firewall adjuster kit.....
which worked fine there is a 1 foot difference in the cable though the V8 cable is i foot longer.... so I needed to route it a bit differently ..and I needed to find a new place to bolt the bracket that is attached to the cable to hold it in place. The V6 cable is shorter so the bolt in location for the bracket will not work for the longer V8 cable......

Other than that the UPR Quadrant has three notches to set your cable on and for the craziest reason it would not reach the last notch even wih the longer V8 cable ..... I ended up setting it on the middle notch on the quadrant........

the pedal is a bit harder than the shorter original V6 cable ...juts a tad nothing to worry about ......but worked out fine..........

I did have to spend some time seeing where to secure the bracket for the new cable since the longer cable would not allow useof the original mouting position......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-17-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up By the way

By the way .......... the nooooooobody and I mean Nooooobody seems to have these cables ..... thay can't even order them.......and not even the dealers had them in stock had to wait 1-2 days for delivery.....which really sucks ....I mean its a Mustang not a Masserati!!!!!

And the cheapest I found one at a dealer was 130.00 Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why I looked into getting an aftermarket piece.......I did not have to replace the quadrant and did not have to install a Firewall adjuster but I got the whole kit for 89.00 Bucks and thought I should do the whole kit at once and not wait for the quadrant to fail and end up repeating the Job.......

Still........It was cheaper than ....just the cable from the dealer!!!!!

Hope this will save someone some money and frustration in the future!

Last edited by onyxblue 97; 06-17-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement