Wisconsin Withdraws Proposal to Restrict Registration of Imported Collector Cars - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-15-2011, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Smile Wisconsin Withdraws Proposal to Restrict Registration of Imported Collector Cars

SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK

The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has officially withdrawn its proposal (Chapter Trans 123) to prohibit the registration of imported vehicles manufactured after 1967 that do not meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). U.S. law specifically exempts imported vehicles that are 25 years old and older from these safety standards. Trans 123 offered no such reasonable exemption. The regulation would only have permitted the continued registration of subject vehicles that are already legally registered in Wisconsin, but only until they are transferred to a new owner.

Among other things, the proposal failed to recognize the fact that collector vehicles are overwhelmingly well-maintained and infrequently driven, was inconsistent with Federal law and would prohibit the registration of vehicles coming in from other states that have already been proven safe on U.S. roads.

Congratulations and thank you to those who participated in opposing this proposal!

Protect Your Passion! Join the SEMA Action Network (SAN) TODAY at www.SEMASAN.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

isn't it WI that is having a huge labor dispute between their new gov and state worker to where a few thousand of those are protesting? hopefully this got dropped because its bull and not just because they had to shift their focus for the short-term.

post #3 of 8 Old 02-17-2011, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

You are correct, Wisconsin is having labor issues with teachers, but this isn't a budgetary issue. It was a regulatory idea that had been kicking around for a year or so.

Protect Your Passion! Join the SEMA Action Network (SAN) TODAY at www.SEMASAN.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Banned

i thought they were having labor issues with all state employees and hacking their pay 10% across the board
post #5 of 8 Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
lamb

this post property of RAYMOND
post #6 of 8 Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 PM

Garage
seems winsonsin has bigger issues now

Hi, I'm Brad. That name was taken though.

I'm an insomniac who enjoys drinking, hunting, cars & trucks and long walks on the beach... to the bar.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Moderator & USAF Reserve

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMA Action Network View Post
Among other things, the proposal failed to recognize the fact that collector vehicles are overwhelmingly well-maintained and infrequently driven
You mention this continually in your posts, but do you have any actual statistics or studies to back it up? I've seen a bunch of old cars on the road in terrible shape.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 PM

Garage
as have I sir... I see lots of old ones broken down on the side of the road.

and often i see them drivin by people who go all around in them daily and don't give one bit of thought to their condition

Hi, I'm Brad. That name was taken though.

I'm an insomniac who enjoys drinking, hunting, cars & trucks and long walks on the beach... to the bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement