Want to Help in the Fight to Protect Our Hobby? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 12-23-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Want to Help in the Fight to Protect Our Hobby?

Want to do your part to protect the hobby from excess regulation? Kindly consider distributing free SAN informational pamphlets and sign-up forms at your club’s next event. They make great handouts at club meetings and are an excellent addition to car show goodie bags.

By joining the SAN, members receive up-to-date alerts on hobby-related legislation. Best of all, its free and carries no obligations or hassles.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you'd like SAN materials. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to boost SAN’s clout and political might in our efforts to defend the automotive hobby!

Protect Your Passion! Join the SEMA Action Network (SAN) TODAY at www.SEMASAN.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-24-2010, 02:43 AM

Where are my Farmville gifts you promised me for joining your facebook group?

Sunglasses, if they're cool enough, don't really impair your night driving.

Life's not that hard Man; Take it easy.
post #3 of 17 Old 12-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I really need some more junkmail/spam....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 12-25-2010, 02:14 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
Is this really a problem that needs to be faced? Who is telling people that they can't modify their cars? I've never really understood these people. I'm sure the government has more to worry about.

Ford technician
1989 GT Convertible
2002 F150 7700 Series
post #5 of 17 Old 12-25-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmustangloverx View Post
Is this really a problem that needs to be faced? Who is telling people that they can't modify their cars? I've never really understood these people. I'm sure the government has more to worry about.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

yea right. Its all about the little #### not the important stuff they seem to worry about. Take for instance TV Commercial volume.

Greg - Current 2013 Ruby Red F150 SCrew FX4
Old- 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3, 2012 Lava Red Mustang GT

Last edited by Ordie; 12-25-2010 at 08:46 AM.
post #6 of 17 Old 12-25-2010, 09:44 AM

My men are here to fight. We have pitchforks and torches at the ready. We have armor piercing and high explosive cannon shells available if the fight reaches that level.

When you lower your iron fist thousands of people will pay. We're waiting for your command; we will be monitoring facebook.

Sunglasses, if they're cool enough, don't really impair your night driving.

Life's not that hard Man; Take it easy.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-25-2010, 11:43 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Forget washington, I can't get my wife to give up some cash to modify my cars,truck and Harley.

I'm starting HAM. Hot Rodders Against Mothers!

I don't have pamphlets though.

Frank
post #8 of 17 Old 12-27-2010, 12:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
obviously you guys didnt see that mm&ff as well as 5.0 and superfords had these issues on their cover a couple months ago???? yeah prolly not important...till your chit gets impounded the next time you get pulled over for having n20 or a blower and its not approved by carb or it says "for off road use only" a lot of these blowhard politicians have nothing better to do then bother us....especially if they are a tree hugger at heart.

88 stock bottom end coupe. On3 70mm trick flow 170s home ported explorer intake with c4 on 14lbs [email protected]
04 CO lots of bolt ons [email protected] n/a, [email protected] with 150 shot.
post #9 of 17 Old 12-27-2010, 12:59 PM
USAF retired

Trader Feedback: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangII460 View Post
All you need is a permanent marker and acces to her underwear, trust me.

1985 LTD LX, small truck motor, painted axle tubes, various mustang stuff.
1990 LX, junkyard explorer motor, ported explorer heads and intakes, weenie cam, 1.7s, 4.30s, stock T5 living on borrowed time. [email protected] so far
1984 LTD station wagon (Former Dugan Racing wagon) in work
post #10 of 17 Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
I really need some more junkmail/spam....
Not sure if you've seen some of my other posts about the SEMA Action Network (SAN), but joining SAN is FREE, no obligations, or hassles. Your information is held confidential with us and we only send you the important information you need to stand up and oppose or support legislation impacting the hobby. As Joe Friday said, "just the facts."

What we're looking for is concerned hobbyists who would be willing to spread the word about SAN and our mission to like-minded folks. We understand that many people have heard of SEMA, just not the SAN, and we'd like to change that. We want to make enthusiasts know that there are forces out there looking to chip away at America's automotive heritage and that they must be stopped.

Quote:
Yes, it really is a problem and it goes beyond simply modifying vehicles. Sure, there have been legislative and regulatory attempts to outlaw aftermarket exhaust systems, set ride height limits, and to implement excessive and outrageous noise limitations, but it goes further. Attempts have been made to raise registration and titling fees for specialty cars like homebuilts, hot rods, kit cars, etc. Lawmakers across the country have even tried to enact legislation to outlaw inoperable vehicles because they may be deemed eyesores. A regulatory proposal in Wisconsin even is seeking to prohibit the registration of imported collector vehicles. All of that is just the tip of the iceberg and SAN is actively engaged in opposing these threats.

SAN also works to achieve advancements for the hobby. To read about our successes in 2010, please visit www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62835

We need to be united, informed, and ready to stand up for the hobby we so love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morty91LX View Post
My men are here to fight. We have pitchforks and torches at the ready. We have armor piercing and high explosive cannon shells available if the fight reaches that level.

When you lower your iron fist thousands of people will pay. We're waiting for your command; we will be monitoring facebook.
While we do post a great deal of vital information on Facebook, the only true way to stay informed is to become a SAN member at www.semasan.com/san/join.aspx. Facebook fans of the SAN don't get all of the benefits of SAN membership -- up-to-the-minute alerts, our monthly newsletter, special invitations, and more.

Quote:
Forget washington, I can't get my wife to give up some cash to modify my cars,truck and Harley.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to distribute SAN informational material at your next club event. We will gladly send them out to you at no cost.

Protect Your Passion! Join the SEMA Action Network (SAN) TODAY at www.SEMASAN.com!
post #11 of 17 Old 12-28-2010, 02:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Quote:
Tell me you're joking, because ignorance is no excuse.

about.me/jevchance
myrestoproject.com - coming soon!
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #12 of 17 Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Truth of the matter is that not many enthusiasts know or feel threatened by legislative and regulatory efforts. That's why SAN is here - to inform and let everyone know that there are attempts to errode our rights as automotive hobbyists and that we must unite and be active in defense of them.

post #13 of 17 Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:

r u gonna have bacon runs?
post #14 of 17 Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 AM

Garage
I don't have facebook, is there another way to join in?

Hi, I'm Brad. That name was taken though.

I'm an insomniac who enjoys drinking, hunting, cars & trucks and long walks on the beach... to the bar.
post #15 of 17 Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

SEMASAN.com

post #16 of 17 Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 PM

Garage
wow a website? perhaps you should post all of this on there?

Hi, I'm Brad. That name was taken though.

I'm an insomniac who enjoys drinking, hunting, cars & trucks and long walks on the beach... to the bar.
post #17 of 17 Old 03-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Banned

check
Sponsored Links
Advertisement