Legislators Preparing Their Pro-/Anti-Hobbyist Agendas for 2011 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Legislators Preparing Their Pro-/Anti-Hobbyist Agendas for 2011

The current economic and legislative environment is emboldening governments to become more aggressive with their anti-auto hobby legislation and lawmakers are already gearing up for the next session.

This is a perfect time to get involved and establish relationships with these important decision makers so that they do the right thing for the hobby. Please visit www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=61682 for the tools that you need to make a difference in 2011.

Protect Your Passion! Join the SEMA Action Network (SAN) TODAY at www.SEMASAN.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-21-2010, 03:15 PM
The one with the most

I'll have my friends from the NRA take care of this.

bye

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 15 Old 12-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Shouldn't this Semen stuff be in politics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 12-21-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

I don't mean to start a debate but I believe it should be here, in the Lounge, for all to see, since these are issues that can/will effect all of us as automotive enthusiasts united by our passion.

Protect Your Passion! Join the SEMA Action Network (SAN) TODAY at www.SEMASAN.com!
post #5 of 15 Old 12-21-2010, 05:48 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Shouldn't this Semen stuff be in politics?
This is a Legislative thread. The Politics section is where people huddle into corners with people who agree with them and fling poop at those who don't...and for the topics that fuel it.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Corral Day Kittah

This is about the hobby and the enthusiasts that fuel it.
post #7 of 15 Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 PM
The one with the most

Is the SEMA show in Vegas still closed to the public?

bye

|
|
post #8 of 15 Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba-murder View Post
Is the SEMA show in Vegas still closed to the public?
x2 they want all this support from the public , but the public can not attend their shows ....#### em .. they will not get a dollar or support from me
post #9 of 15 Old 12-22-2010, 10:19 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by so low 5.0 View Post
x2 they want all this support from the public , but the public can not attend their shows ....#### em .. they will not get a dollar or support from me
Well there's a lot of bluster for nothing.

They're a trade organization. They don't ask for money from the public; they're funded by all those Specialty Equipment Manufacturers that comprise their Association. Their annual show isn't open to the public because it's a tradeshow.

I'm trying to think of any other place but the Corral Lounge where an organization looking out for the best legislative interests of us, car enthusiasts, and those who cater to us, would get pushback for saying "here's how to help".

Nope. Can't think of one. Not a single one.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
As MFE stated very clearly, SEMA is a non-profit trade organization and the show is for SEMA member companies.

SAN (the SEMA Action Network) is the partnership of car clubs, individual enthusiasts, and the specialty automotive industry who work together to impact legislation that effects the hobby as a whole. SAN is free to join and you can learn more about us at www.SEMASAN.com.

post #11 of 15 Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM
The one with the most

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
Well there's a lot of bluster for nothing.

They're a trade organization. They don't ask for money from the public; they're funded by all those Specialty Equipment Manufacturers that comprise their Association. Their annual show isn't open to the public because it's a tradeshow.

I'm trying to think of any other place but the Corral Lounge where an organization looking out for the best legislative interests of us, car enthusiasts, and those who cater to us, would get pushback for saying "here's how to help".

Nope. Can't think of one. Not a single one.
To many it is a matter of "Do our foot work for us, support us but you can't come here" kind of thing. Buyers buy the parts that support the manufacturers and they rely on SEMA for whatever reasons. Regardless of what you think you should at least try to understand that some may resent that the money they have to spend is good enough but they are not allowed in a show that displays the goods.

I know what a trade show is and what it is for so you don't need to respond with your typical condescending tone you can't help but use. I could care less about going to a SEMA show, I was just asking. However, I can see how not being welcome would bother some people. I may not be one of them but I understand. Any other kind of trade show and most would not care at all. Since we are talking about car parts you can expect it to get a bit "emotional".

bye

|
|
post #12 of 15 Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dba-murder View Post
To many it is a matter of "Do our foot work for us, support us but you can't come here" kind of thing. Buyers buy the parts that support the manufacturers and they rely on SEMA for whatever reasons. Regardless of what you think you should at least try to understand that some may resent that the money they have to spend is good enough but they are not allowed in a show that displays the goods.

I know what a trade show is and what it is for so you don't need to respond with your typical condescending tone you can't help but use. I could care less about going to a SEMA show, I was just asking. However, I can see how not being welcome would bother some people. I may not be one of them but I understand. Any other kind of trade show and most would not care at all. Since we are talking about car parts you can expect it to get a bit "emotional".
And yet again, you've managed to somehow convince yourself I was addressing you.

Seems to me you'd be a lot less pissy than you've been toward me lately if you'd quit doing that

Last edited by MFE; 12-22-2010 at 03:47 PM.
post #13 of 15 Old 12-22-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

With all due respect guys, let's keep this to just SAN - the enthusiast network in the battle to protect America's automotive heritage. I, for one (and I'm sure speak for many others), want to make sure that I can pass all the knowledge and joy that cars have given me though the years onto my grandkids. If we're not informed, united, and capable to making our voices heard, then our rights as enthusiasts will be eroded down to nothing.

post #14 of 15 Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
wut? they charge?
post #15 of 15 Old 03-03-2011, 01:11 AM

Garage
Def the biggest issue our nation is facing right now.

Hi, I'm Brad. That name was taken though.

I'm an insomniac who enjoys drinking, hunting, cars & trucks and long walks on the beach... to the bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement